“Boho Chic...”
Review of Petit Hotel d'Hafa

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Petit Hotel d'Hafa
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Sayulita
Los Angeles, California
“Boho Chic...”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I have always wanted to travel to Sayulita. I had heard wonderful things from friends, read about the location and a chance meeting with one of the incomparable Mignot sisters in the early 2000's sealed the deal for me. I would go... It was my beau's daughters wedding that lead us there and where else would we choose to stay than at the most perfect quaint Morracan styled boutique hotel called "Petit Hafa"

This gem is located in the heart of a city that stays alive into the wee hours of the morning. I must admit that our first night in was a bit tricky as it felt like the sounds of the city were directly in our room, but you only need a day in to and a chat with the ever handsome and charming Christophe to realize that this is all part of the experience and the noise we thought would keep us up during our stay, became the music that put us to us to sleep.

The staff is accommodating and gentile, the rooms are not only clean, but filled with personality. We stayed in room 1 and the walkway painted with the red heart that seemed to be an overall signature of that amazing city was not lost on is we loved that touch. We can't wait to get back and the hotel Hafa will be our hotel of choice.

Everything is within walking distance, I loved hanging on the beach while my friends surfed and the world seemed to come to me everything from the best tamales ever to the wild donuts...

The place is alive with people color and tons to do... Be sure to check out pachamama amazing store 2 doors from the beach. The treasures there seem endless too...

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We stayed for three days in room 2 with our son. The room had everything we needed (a king and twin bed, a mini-fridge) and the hotel was very clean. The shared roof-top patio is what really makes this hotel stand out. It was beautiful and so comfortable. The owner was very helpful. The fan in our room was very squeaky and he gave us the air conditioning for free (it's normally $5). We also asked to check out a few hours later and he was able to accommodate this as well. The hotel is in a very central location, but can get loud at night. If we had the windows closed and the AC on, the noise was not a problem, however we didn't stay over a weekend and the weekends are very busy and loud so be warned :) I think for the price point this is an excellent hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Hafa for two nights before moving to another location in Sayulita. It is clean, simple, and located right in the heart of town. As you will read in other reviews, it is not quiet at night. Come prepared, use earplugs at night for a quiet peaceful sleep! Also, I chose to a local cafe right around the corner from the hotel for my morning coffee, They open at 6am and I like to get my coffee early. The hotel does offer coffee, tea and cookies but it isn't ready until after 7am, and the coffee wasn't very hot. My favorite part of the hotel is the roof top lounge. They have complimentary tequila, a large lounging area and view of parts of town.

Room Tip: Rooms off the main street are quieter. I stayed in room #3, less noise there.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is my first time writing a review on TripAdvisor, and I decided to write because I felt I had a duty to warn my fellow travelers about Petit Hotel d'Hafa. I visited Sayulita solo in July 2013 to look at wedding venues. I must say it was very easy to make my reservation via email with the owners, and they even offered me a generous discount on the rate of the room because I would be traveling in the off-season. The positives ended right there. My first night in the hotel was a Sunday night. The noise from the club down the block was INCREDIBLY loud until about 5 am. Then, the deliveries started and the street noise was quite loud as well. After many stays in hostels and hotels with thin walls, I always travel earplugs. These did NOTHING to block out the noise. I couldn't sleep at all the first night. The next morning I went to the front desk to see if I could have my room switched because my current room was intolerable. They wanted to charge me the full, original cost of my room, plus the difference between my room and a quieter room, to switch. None of the hotel staff mentioned the noise issue in my current room. Finally, they agreed to switch my room. Also, the toilet in my first and second rooms clogged the first time I used them (and nothing weird was going down those toilets). The toilet in my second room clogged the first night I was there, and was not fixed for the duration of my stay (four more nights). The hotel must have serious plumbing problems, as the shower hardly worked at all (a slow trickle - a few drops of water at a time - was all I could get). The hotel is a great price, nicely decorated, and in a great location, but DEFINITELY not worth the completely unpleasant stay. I've traveled all over the world and stayed in dozens of budget accommodations. This was by far the worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 6 on the street level - lack of glass in the windows and noise from the club next d...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Emily T
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We recently stayed here at the start of our honeymoon. For the price, we were so pleasantly surprised. Christophe and his wife have done a beautiful job of decorating, with a Morrocan inspired rooftop with day-bed - perfect place to have an afternoon drink and look over the town. Rooms are clean and again, gorgeously decorated. Hotel is close to everything, 2 min walk to the beach and all the restaurants. Their bar downstairs is also awesome - try their margaritas! We did hear the noise at nighttime if we went to sleep early but it didn't bother us too much.
Lovely place to stay and such terrific value.

Room Tip: We had the best room, think it was Room 1. We loved it, nice and spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank IsabelP85
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 6, 2013

One caveat before I proceed with this review - if you're a light sleeper, do yourself a favor and don't stay in the center of town or you will be disappointed. There are bars and nightclubs just a block or so away and they stay open late! This is a great place and it's a shame for people who don't know what they're getting into to complain about something they can easily avoid beforehand if they did their homework.

Having said all that, my friend and I can sleep through anything and thoroughly enjoyed our stay and LOVED the Petit Hotel Hafa. The décor is absolutely unique and charming and really makes you feel like you're in Morocco, especially the rooftop terrace, which is where we generally began and ended our days at the hotel (usually with no one else around so we had it to ourselves!). Loved the bright red exterior and various design touches throughout, the plants, lighting, everything. Very hip, eclectic and boho-chic, and absolutely in line with the overall vibe of this chic little surf town.

The hotel provides really good, quality tequila and shot glasses on the terrace, complimentary for guests, the couches are comfy and the views of the hillside homes and the town itself were lovely. We stayed in the best room, Room #1, with the lovely walkway leading to the room painted with a trail of hearts. very romantic and super cute! the bathroom was all cement, with a tall palapa roof, separated from the bedroom by a thin curtain. not much privacy, granted, but a minor quibble considering the beauty of the surroundings. Beds were a bit on the hard side, but that's generally true throughout Mexico. A/C is available, but we found we didn't really need it with the fan on. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to find no bugs or other critters in the room at all, despite the openness (the palapa roof, screenless windows, etc.) Very clean and well-kept property!

Overall, I'd say the hotel is best for adventurous, independent travelers who appreciate good style and architecture and don't expect resort-style amenities or concierge service (the staff were very nice, but pretty much leave you to your own devices, which suited us just fine). The location is excellent, with bars and eateries just around the corner (including the great little bar right next door! owned and operated by the hotel, with similar stylish decor and handsome bartenders). Choco Banana nearby is great for breakfast and has free wifi. And of course, the beach is just a few short blocks away and fun for beginning surfers/paddleboarders, or just lounging under an umbrella all day. We both agreed we'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: get a room on the top floor if you can, less street noise
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HolboxBound
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Petit Hotel Hafa is a beautiful hotel perfectly located in the center of Sayulita.

It has 8 rooms, a very nice rooftop deck, and the coolest bar in Sayulita right next door "Le Zouave."

The mediterranean architecture and colorful palate make it stand out above the rest of the buildings, and it has very nice lighting at night. The rooftop gets cool when there is a breeze coming in from the ocean, which is only two very short blocks away. It was very convenient to have the hotel so close to everything.

The place is run by Cristophe and Marina, a beautiful and fun couple bursting with "joie de vivre" that have been living in Sayulita for eight years now. The entire town knows and loves them, and their disposition to make our stay awesome was indispensable to our stay. They also have some pretty cool stories from their days sailing around the world.

Their staff is incredibly kind. The receptionists very knowledgable, and Julien is the man when it comes to Margaritas, Mojitos and "Pintados" his specialty over at Le Zouave.

I highly recommend this hotel to anybody looking to get the full Sayulita experience, and we can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: The rooms on the second floor are more quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple