“Fantastic!”

Tierra Viva
Ranked #13 of 145 Restaurants in Sayulita
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tierra Viva Restaurant and Terraza Bar provides a creative cuisine using fresh local ingredients. Breakfast option range from Chiliquiles to Eggs Benedict. Lunch and Dinners options specialize in Fish, Shrimp and Calamari dishes. All of our plates are made at the time of your order, you will notice the fresh taste in every meal
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

The food and service was amazing. We had the tuna and mahi mahi followed by chocolate crepes for dessert. The location is perfect and great for people watching. Will go back for sure.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for breakfast before SUP with Stand Up Sayulita. The owner was very gracious and the food was delicious - we had a breakfast wrap with eggs, peppers and mushrooms with incredibly fresh fruit on the side and fresh squeezed orange juice. It was so good we decided to go back for dinner later that week. What a disappointment. First we learned that the restaurant is run by two different people (one for breakfast, one for dinner). We thought that was odd but decided to give it a try. Our fish was chewy and tasted odd, the drinks were not great and the service was mediocre. To top it off, we both fell ill the next day. I would highly recommend breakfast there, but stay away at dinner time.

3  Thank LMSS
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My friends and I were in Sayulita this past February. This was one of the best meals we had during our visit. The tuna was awesome. Service was friendly and prompt. The atmosphere was very relaxing and the views of the street life entertaining.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Absolutely the best eggs benny anywhere! And all sorts of combinations too! We were made to feel so at home and so welcome. Definitely the place to be for breakfast! The iced vanilla lattes were fantastic too. We even went there once for lunch and the burgers were amazing. You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank kimberly1246
Reviewed April 3, 2014

A couple within our group ate breakfast here, and had nothing but great things to say, so we all couldn't wait to try the restaurant for dinner. Turns out, the restaurant is sublet by different people for breakfast vs. dinner. Our service was subpar... The waiter REFUSED to separate the checks. The only drinks that were actually good were wine and beer. The mixed drinks left a lot to be desired. The majority of our group ordered from their specials of the day from this so-called "creative cuisine" restaurant. The fettuccini noodles were one big clump of noodles that literally could not be separated. My stomach woke me up early the next morning, and I soon found out that 4 out of 7 in our party were also having stomach issues. I was unable to even eat for the next 24 hours, and could only eat plain toast for a while once I could eat again. We were in Sayulita for a wedding, and on the night of the wedding, I couldn't eat dinner, cake, or even enjoy a toast with the newly married couple. I would not suggest this restaurant and will make sure to avoid it on future trips to Sayulita.