“Charming place just off the beach, great food and staff”
Review of Tierra Viva

Tierra Viva
Ranked #14 of 142 Restaurants in Sayulita
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tierra Viva Restaurant and Terraza Bar provides a creative cuisine using fresh local ingredients. Breakfast option range from Chiliquiles to Eggs Benedict. Lunch and Dinners options specialize in Fish, Shrimp and Calamari dishes. All of our plates are made at the time of your order, you will notice the fresh taste in every meal
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great dining experience in Sayulita, our waiter started our night off with a round of some of the best tasting Margarita's made right at our table (something you will to ask for). We re used to this being done from dining down in Punta de Mita, great way to know what you are getting and no short pours.

In another review I did on the Sayulita Cafe, the place that claims to have the Best Chile Relleno, the dish was awful, but I had the same dish here and wow what a difference. This place has the BEST Chile Relleno peppers around. A traditional Mexican dish that any authentic Mexican chef will know how to prepare and prepare right.

The other entries we shared included the Lobster, Sea Bass and Mixed plate with traditional Burritos, all were great full of flavor and by the time dinner was over there was nothing left on any of the plates.

Dinner for the four of us with 2 rounds of drinks and tip was $1400 MXN or just around $110 USD. This is a great place and hope to eat there again during our next visit.

1  Thank SPG-DL-Traveler
There are newer reviews for Tierra Viva

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

This is afavorite spot for tourists, as it is one of the only that presents itself like a 'real' american (or canadian) nice restaurant - tablecloths, a wine selection, upscale decor.
I tried a tamarindo mahi-mahi, which was fairly tasty, although i had to push aside most of the sugary sesame crust; the vegetable sides and rice were decent. The wife went with a shrimp salad; she only made it partially through, saying that chunks of raw garlic made it difficult to continue
Overall, all sayulita eateries are extremely over-rated here on trip advisor; 5 stars here would be 3 stars tops in a more cosmopolitan location (particularly all the generic taco stands with 'sensational' reviews) ; we decided Tierra Viva should be recommended to readers as it does provide a better ambience and comfortable selection you will be hard-pressed to match in the rest of the village. Even if the food is indifferent you will definitely enjoy your experience here.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Just returned from a five week stay in Sayulita, and once again enjoyed many meals at Tierra Viva. Daniel and his staff are always welcoming and the service is wonderful. The restaurant gives the feeling of an upscale restaurant with the added bonus of outdoor seating, where you can watch all the activities on the street. We spent my husband's birthday there and had an amazing meal, and were made to feel like very special guests. As always our favourites are the coconut shrimp and blackberry chicken, but we tried most of the dishes this time, and the mahi mahi was incredible as well.

1  Thank dme04
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Recently went to Sayulita for a friends wedding. Tierra Viva helped plan the rehearsal dinner, cake, and part of the ceremony for us (arranged a burro ride to the beach for the bride). Daniel (the owner, speaks very good English) and his staff were amazing! We got a FANTASTIC deal per person for food and open bar. It was all fabulous! They prepared many dishes served family style from steak to coconut shrimp to blackberry chicken to chocolate tres leches cake. It was all so amazing. The staff was great and very helpful.

We also went there for a dinner on another evening before the wedding, and also had a great evening. I had a whole lobster for $280 pesos (about $22US) and it was amazing. Drinks were strong and delicious, and honestly probably the best margarita in all of sayulita (not the biggest or the strongest, but the most delicious).

I honestly can't say enough good things. I highly recommend dining for dinner or even to help plan a special event. Great Great Great!!

1  Thank Anne H
Reviewed November 25, 2013

My daughter and I wanted to have our last dinner in sayulita to be special. It was between T Viva and Los afuntura, we chose this restaurant because Los afuntura was closed on and the great reviews here. I thought that the food was just ok, but the service was good. I had the flank steak and it was not that good at all. My daughter had the chicken mole and it was pretty good. . The rice and veggies were good but were swimming in butter, they were cooked perfectly and there was no need for all of te butter. All and all I would not go back