“Best Restaurant in Sayulita!”
Review of Tierra Viva

Tierra Viva
Ranked #14 of 142 Restaurants in Sayulita
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tierra Viva Restaurant and Terraza Bar provides a creative cuisine using fresh local ingredients. Breakfast option range from Chiliquiles to Eggs Benedict. Lunch and Dinners options specialize in Fish, Shrimp and Calamari dishes. All of our plates are made at the time of your order, you will notice the fresh taste in every meal
Winter Park, Colorado
“Best Restaurant in Sayulita!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We walked by TierraViva our first night in Sayulita and thought we'd give it a go (like others, the 2 for 1 drink special caught our attention!). It was DELICIOUS! The margaritas were the best I had while we were there, and the fresh seafood specials as well as menu items were perfect. We ended up eating there 3 times in a week because we loved it so much. Daniel (the owner) was very personable, welcoming, and helpful. It was a great experience each time. This is a MUST for your trip to Sayulita.

Fernie, Canada
“Excellent food and tequila!”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Perhaps it was the 2 for 1 drink special on the board that caught my eye, or the Chile Rellenos or Fresh Tuna specials but whatever it was were we ever glad we sat down at this restaurant. The margaritas were fantastic and served in perfect rocks glasses. Our waiter recommended either of the specials and the coconut shrimp, we had them all and they were all AMAZING! The Tuna so amazingly fresh and the coconut shrimp came with this coconut milk dipping sauce that was to die for. Everything right down to the vegetables and rice were fresh and delicious. Excellent portions as well. They offered us a shot of their signature tequila which was quite smooth and brought us a complimentary crepe dessert, again delicious. We chatted with the owner Daniel and Martin for some time, their English was excellent and you could tell they were really proud of what they did. It is a small little place, but very neat and clean. We were all so impressed we went back a couple nights later and ordered up the same delicious margs, dinners and shots of Tequila!

2 Thank erinarmstrong
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Tamarindo Margharita”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Although not very fancy, the chef and bartender both try their best to keep the food and drinks interesting and delicious. The special Arranchera steak was juicy and tender while my wife's mahi-mahi was more than she could finish. You must try his fresh Tamarindo Margharita, truly delightful.

Visited April 2013
Pleasanton, California, United States
“WOW”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We were out looking for a place to eat on 4/5/2013 and my wife said "Hey there is a little place with candles". Why it would matter that the place has three candles out front is beyond me especially when we are with our 7 & 10 yo daughters but hey why not. Now don't get me wrong, we went to Pablo's, Ivan's and a bunch of other spots and we really like them all but Tierra Viva is out of this world. 1. They had good red wine and I just couldn't take another beer or Margarita. 2. They had specials and they were special. and 3. The service was excellent. We had tequila shrimp, the tuna special, and the mahi mahi in garlic butter and last but not least the chicken fingers. Don't laugh, I would go just for the chicken fingers. The best my little one and I have ever had. The other dishes were amazing. The tuna special was worth a plane trip alone. Let's just say that if this wasn't my last night in town I would have gone back. I love this place. I will see you again soon. Gracias!

Novato, California
“Made veggie platter just for me!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Chef made a fabulous veggie dish for me. Menu has lots of meat & fish dishes but limited in veggie dishes. Great location, nicely decorated & very nice staff. Partner had great fish dish. One of more expensive restaurants in village.

Visited December 2012