“Best Yoga Vacation Spot!”
Review of Haramara Retreat

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Haramara Retreat
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Sayulita
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were a group of 11 on a yoga retreat and I can't say enough about how wonderful Haramara is. The food is healthy, delicious and beautifully presented. The property is on a hillside, so scenic views from pretty much everywhere. The yoga shalas are gorgeous with, surprise surprise, amazing views. Staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the accommodation: rustic (no electricity and partial walls) but luxurious (hot showers with a view, thick cotton sheets, beautiful tiled floor in bathroom, etc.). I highly recommend attending a retreat at Haramara.

Room Tip: All rooms have a beautiful scenic view, but I would ask for Amethyst. When sitting in bed, you are...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank VictoriaYogini
There are newer reviews for Haramara Retreat

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I really loved Haramara, it was beautiful and I mostly got what I came for.
However, our deluxe cabana did not have hot water for 2 days. We told 2 employees, including a manager. We thought our $3,000+ stay was going to be a dirty one! Until we asked Ricardo at the pool if there was hot water. He was the most attentive and eager to please. He fixed the problem immediately.
I wish the cabanas would be stocked with the basic organic shower supplies like shampoo and conditioner. To my disappointment, I assumed it would, so I traveled light. :/
Also, if you are not there with a yoga group- you may not get as much attention from management. In our case, we didn't mind as much, since we made plans to see the sights around Suyulita during the day.

There was a yoga group at the resort the same week we were there, and they were all lovely. The only bummer was a couple families brought their young children (ages 3-5). They were loud, and running around the dining area and pool area, which was most of the time a quiet, and peaceful place with a great ocean view. We came to get away from disturbances like that, and were a little disappointed.
However, we did find R&R at our cabana. The black pearl was very private and peaceful, thank goodness!
If you like an afternoon drink, Ricardo at the pool made the best hand squeezed organic margaritas! They were to die for!
The yoga facilities were beautiful. Along with the grounds. Overall we enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank DenaMarieDePompa
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Arriving from NYC this was the perfect getaway. The food was superb - organic and healthy. The little huts dotted in the jungle were very comfortable and felt a million miles away from civilisation enhanced by the sound of the ocean. Sajeela, the owner made the stay an unforgettable experience and really makes the whole retreat very special. Ask for her special green shake if you go. My bro and I will definitely return.

Room Tip: ask for a room in the middle of the mountain - not too far towards the sea.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank OBass77
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I traveled to Haramara alone on a personal retreat. It was an absolutely perfect experience, and I recommend it to anyone, especially anyone hesitating to travel alone. The food was nutritious and delicious, and the service was incredibly accommodating - if you've got any dietary restrictions, the staff will have you covered. The casitas were quaint and lovely - I siestaed in front of a hammock in front of my casita often. The private beach is also lovely, and you can boulder to other beaches nearby for more of a swim. Depending on where your casita is, you'll likely need to be prepared to hike for a bit. Overall, I found Haramara to be a perfect place to retreat. Relax, forget about time, and enjoy yourself: you've found a gem.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank abrelosojos13
HaramaraRetreat, Manager at Haramara Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Haramara and to let others know about us in your own words. We appreciated having you as our guest and we look forward to sharing the magic with you again!

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I had a truly magical experience at Haramara. The staff were attentive and friendly and really treated you like family, calling you by first name which felt really special as I traveled to Haramara solo. The casitas were beautiful, with such amazing views. I loved hearing the nature — insects, birds and wildlife of all sorts! The food was delicious, all very healthy and I loved that nothing came out of a package. I took a cooking class which I would recommend, I have tried a couple of recipes here at home, simple and delicious!

The best start to each day were the sunrise yoga classes with such spectacular views, followed by fresh breakfast in the restaurant, yum! The infinity pool was lovely with a great view and comfy lounge chairs for you to read or sunbathe. The beach was peaceful as it is a private beach so no one trying to sell you stuff. There were come days I had the beach to myself to read my book on their comfy hammocks.

I had a massage and some energy work done as well and I would highly recommend it! All of the healers/practitioners are lovely and hearing the sounds of the waves crashing was soothing. The view from the massage casitas were breathtaking.

The town of Sayulita is beautiful and it was nice to take a day trip there, although I would have stayed at Haramara the whole time.

The staff, the food, the accommodations, the surroundings made this an unforgettable trip and I met such lovely new friends that were visiting Haramara. It was so nice to truly unplug and get back to what REALLY matters. I look forward to returning to Haramara in 2015 for my 40th birthday. Namaste.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Thousandred

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We had a wonderful time at Haramara. It was my first time hosting a retreat and it was a breeze due to the great staff and kind help from all those involved. Thank you for making our stay magical and see you next year.

Room Tip: all have character and beauty
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Haramara and to let others know about us in your own words. We are honored to have been chosen by you to host your first destination retreat. We appreciated having you as our guest and we look forward to sharing the magic with you again!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

I felt so grateful to host my first yoga and surf retreat at Haramara - a spiritually rich and amazing property with incredible staff that will feel like family by the time you leave. A long walk, or a quick taxi ride takes you into the town of Sayulita where you can surf, shop, eat and enjoy this beautiful part of Mexico. I wish I was still there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Haramara and to let others know about us in your own words. We are honored that you chose us to host your first destination retreat. We appreciated having you as our guest and we look forward to sharing the magic with you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sayulita
Amor Boutique Hotel
Hotelito Los Suenos
Hotelito Los Suenos
#1 of 24 in Sayulita
The St. Regis Punta Mita Resort

Been to Haramara Retreat? Share your experiences!