“ONE OF A KIND!”
Review of Xocotla

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sayulita
Xocotla
Ranked #7 of 24 Sayulita B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Alberta
“ONE OF A KIND!”
Reviewed November 13, 2009

Xocotla surpassed all of our expectaions! We knew from the photos online that Xocotla would be beautiful... but we had no idea how truly beautiful it was!

Everything was taken care of for us from the time we arrived to when we checked out. The rooms are modern and beautifully decorated with traditional Mexican colors and handicrafts. The added bous is that it's on top of all the action and reasonably priced. You won't find a better bang for your buck in Sayulita.

Nothing is forgotten at Xocotla! There is a unique attention to detail and much thought has gone into the comfort of their guests. From towels supplied for the beach to laundry service. Oh yes....and don't forget to read and sign the guest book.

We have had the good fortune of staying there twice and have plans to return in the future. If you have the privilege of spending some time in Sayulita...Xocotla is a must!

Feel free to contact us

The Bertin Family=)

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

• Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Montreal,Quebec
Reviewed November 13, 2009

I have worked in retail for over thirty years so when I vacation I demand a place that provides sanctuary from the hustle and bustle of my daily life through good service, pleasant and peaceful surroundings and a true sense of comfort. I have found such a place in Xocotla . The rooms(I am a repeat visitor so have tried them all) are simply decorated in a manner that gives you a sense of the surrounding culture as well as great comfort and wonderful views. My favourite spot is the grotto by the pool where I go everyday post beachtime to enjoy a good read or nap.
Sayulita retains the charm of a small fishing/surfing village while offering a number of excellant(and varied) restaurant/cuisine choices. If I get tired of eating out I use my own kitchen(1 in every suite) which comes fully equipped allowing me to prepare anything from snacks to full course meals.
The sounds of the local roosters is startling at first(they can go on allnight) but I have always adapted and by day 2 they simply don't disturb my slumber.
I love this place and have booked again for next year already!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank Oscar048
debi63115
Reviewed October 26, 2009

we checked into Xocotla on Gringo Hill the evening of Oct 17. Because of concerns about ATM's we(5 of us)had brought enough money- pesos and USD to last us a week. We each took some money with us to go for dinnerand locked the rest in lock boxes in our bungalows. We were gone for about 2 to 2.5 hrsand on our return we each went to our bungalows to change for a dip in the pool. I also went to our lock box to get some money to give to one of our party and found NO money left except some Canadian Dollars. On checking the other two lock boxeswe found they were all empty of money. Our passports and wallets were still there thank god. The front door of the bungalos was locked, each room was locked and the lock boxes were still locked on our returnso it had to be someone with keysfor each. We lost approximatly $2200 USD between the bunch of us. We allerted the owners and met with them 2 days later but they basicly told us that what we were telling them was not possible(calling us liers in their way)and don't seem to be taking it seriously. SO a word of warning it's not only the ATM's that can rip you off. As we told the people moving into the place as we were leaving -- DO NOT KEEP MONEY OR OTHER VALUABLES IN THE LOCK BOXES. No matter what you are told

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
6 Thank debi63115
ToesInSandSayulita, co-owner at Xocotla, responded to this review, November 12, 2009
I am the co-owner of Xocotla. When we met with Debi and her husband after the alleged incident, we offered to escort them to the police to file a theft report. They declined. We then offered to help them open a police investigation into our much-trusted manager. They declined. We have changed the locks and the safes. We believe we have done all that we can do regarding this alleged incident. We have never had any problem with theft before or since at Xocotla and pride ourselves on our long-term and caring staff.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 22, 2008

I sort of hate to recommend this place too highly in case we can't book it when we want to return, but I will. It is fabulous. It is close to town (a 3 minute walk away) and yet it is up the road and just around a bend so that you are away from the town noise and the activities in the town square. It is always cool under the trees and with the garden at the casa. The apartments themselves are immaculate, comforable and well-appointed. We were there two weeks and hated to leave. We'll be back!!

• Liked — the feeling of comfort - everything
  • Disliked — nothing, well maybe the roosters
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank readytoretirecalgary
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2008

As you can see from my profile, I have spent alot of time in various parts of Mexico. I have never felt more relaxed than in the 10 days that I spent at Xocotla. We had the Ixpan studio and it met all our requirements: wonderful view, a 5 minute walk to the "town centre" and 10 minutes to the beach, an outdoor kitchen for breakfast and the odd supper and just far enuf away to miss most of the noise.

It is also clean and bright.

David and Michael were the perfect hosts. Since Michael is a florist, the grounds are beautiful. David, who spends a good amount of time here, was a wonderful source of info on wals, eating places, etc.

If you go, you must visit Roberts Bakery. Roberts is open from 4-9pm each day and makes everything from scratch.

The downside of this place? I just tried to book for Feb/Mar 2009 and everything is already booked up.

• Liked — small (4 units) with owners onsite
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
Oakland, CA
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Xocotla is perched near the top of a gorgeously landscaped, leafy canyon 2 short blocks from Sayulita's quaint, bustling plaza.

Tranquil and secluded on a quiet hill, with views of the Pacific and the lush jungle from dozens of viewpoints, Xocotla ranks as one of the best places we've ever stayed in our extensive travels.

Clean and exceptionally comfortable, with superb service as needed but ultimate privacy if desired, owners David and Michael should congratulate themselves on getting it right. Pretty much perfect, to be exact.

The pools are downright delicious when you're done with the beach. The open air kitchen is superb for catching the ocean breezes. We left just a few short days ago but already miss Xocotla dearly.

• Liked — The convenient but peaceful, gorgeous, and safe location.
  • Disliked — The only bad thing is that I can't live there full time.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)