“Great Food On the Beach”

Don Pedro's Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #5 of 150 Restaurants in Sayulita
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2013

GREAT food, drinks and service and it is located in a piece of paradise. Four of us had excellent meals of fresh seafood. My prawn tacos could not have been better. I would go back in a second and readily recommend this to anyone and everyone who wants an excellent dining experience on the beach. Our service was reasonable and found it quite fine. If you are in Sayulita you owe it to yourself to eat here.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We loved our dinner here. A beautiful table on the sand, in a cozy corner next to a wood burning fire. Good drinks, good wine list, great starters, delicious food, attentive service... very romantic! It was my husband's birthday and they really paid attention, sang Happy Birthday, and brought out a beautiful dessert with a personalized touch. See the picture!

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Went on a quiet afternoon, before dinner service. I went only to have the ahi tuna nicoise salad I remembered from a few years ago. My spouse had the mussels which was a special. The salad has a few nice sized pieces of rare tuna, potatoes, tomatoes, olives, egg, grilled asparagus in a light dressing, which was lighter in garlic, anchovy and lemon than I remember, It was still a tasty salad. The large bowl of mussels had tomatoes in a creamy broth. The mussels were tender and delicate and the broth delicious. I do expect in a restaurant which touts itself as fine dining, to at least ask how your meal is. There was no shortage in staff for the 4 occupied tables. The maitre,d did not check on us, nor did he say goodbye on our way out. The drinks and meal came out promptly, but some further interaction would have been nice.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

You do not need another one as they have good food, service and libations. I never found another one on the beach that was any better than decent. We first went to Don Pedro's on a Thursday night for dinner. Entertainment was a flamenco guitarist and a female accompanist, they were excellent. Great place to eat under the stars with the ocean sounds in the background. Service and food were excellent. More continental than Mexican but delicious.

We then returned for salsa night on Sunday. We had reservations, eight of us, and the place was packed. Food was still great but the service slowed a bit. Understandable with the size of the crowd. I told our head server not to worry about it as long as he kept the wine and drinks on the table and he did just that.

The salsa band was fantastic and we enjoyed watching some expert salsa dancing. And if the music moves you (don't worry it will) don't be shy about dancing, there were enough of us gringos that didn't know what we were doing to make it fun for everyone.

I started to write about beach bar/restaurant, so if you're hungry walk to the end of all the other bars and plop yourself down here. Margaritas definitely not watered down.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

A great way to spend your afternoon. Camped out on Don Pedro's beach chairs eating shrimp taco's and Marguerite Pizza's. Staff were friendly and helpful and very attentive.