“I felt as if I were visiting family...”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
geocore
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Nice rooftop patio and views, rooms and amenities are very basic, a bit sparse.”
Reviewed August 29, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The place has an absolutely wonderful rooftop patio with view, and is extremely well maintained. They even open up the doors and windows in the non occupied rooms to let them air out and breathe when nobody is staying there. It is obvious the attention to detail this place has.

The pool on the rooftop is also well maintained and clean, but only 3ft deep and came up to my thighs. This meant the water was extremely warm, too warm to be considered refreshing (I'd estimate around 85-86 deg F). We only spent the evening sunset up there (which is fantastic).

The rooms are very basic however, I.e. a basic dresser to put your clothes in (folded not hanging), a couple clothes hangers on a coat rack, and 2 wooden patio chairs in the living room for comfort (which we did not use). The kitchen was also very basic, bordering on scant, and don't expect any extras like coffee, tea, paper towels, or sugar.

Of course it has a bed and a kitchen table, but it felt to me to be too sparsely decorated, and lacked the feeling of coziness or soul. It felt like it was only half decorated and something was missing.

The owner and his wife are very nice, however there is an 'air' of a lot of guidelines and rules to follow. (turn off the pool pump after use, untie and hang up the hammocks after use, turn off the AC during the day, etc). It felt a bit like I was staying at my parents place (and I'm a 42 yr old man).

I was there in July, it was sweltering outside, and we were told to not leave the AC on when we went out. The AC was one very small unit to the side of the bed, but was completely inefficient to cool down the large, west facing room. We were unable to spend anytime inside the unit during the day as it was way too hot (about 85 F inside), and barely enough to cool down at night. Also the patio was not used as it was facing west and just too hot in the daytime.

As I mentioned, it was expected to turn off an already too small AC unit every time we went out, and once we got home in the evening it would take 6 hours to cool to a temperature conducive for sleeping. If you don't turn off the AC unit after a specified time period, it will automatically shut off and you need to ask David to please turn it back on. Then you will get a light scolding for leaving it on.

The location was good, outside the city, a 10 min walk to everything but no big deal. There are great restaurants and tiendas nearby, and definitely visit the beach on that side of the bridge, much less busy, great sand, and great swimming.

This is just my opinion, but I thought it was overpriced for $100 USD/night, with such basic amenities. Also, they do not accept credit card or paypal after the initial down payment, cash only. That is why I give it 3 stars out of 5.

Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 31, 2017
Hi Cory,
Thank you for your review.
We will take in concidaration your points. I am glad you liked our place. If you come during the fall or the winter, we still Ave very nice weather but not so hot. You will se how things change.
Looking forward to
David
isputnik1
Portland, Oregon
“I felt as if I were visiting family...”
Reviewed June 17, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Villas Los Corrales is a magical place. The large tasteful rental has stupendous view of Sayulita village and the Pacific. Room has full kitchen and terrace off living area. One floor up, the pool area has 270° views of village, ocean, tropical forest and charming hillside neighborhood. The price is incredibly low for the level of amenities. Best of all are the hosts. David, Jeanette, their very sweet daughter Luanna and gently playful golden retriever made me feel at home. Believe me, you'll love this place and you'll love the hosts.

Valerie S
“Perfect Place”
Reviewed May 23, 2017 for a stay in May 2017
person found this review helpful

This was our first time traveling to Mexico. Thanks to the wonderful hospitality provided by our host at Villa Los Corales, we were able to do exactly what we came to do; relax and enjoy. Our hosts, Janet and David, offer a beautiful stay with 3 floors of comfortable studios. Our room had a king size bed, fan, air conditioning, mini fridge, 4 burner stove top, updated bathroom and perfect sized balcony for morning coffee and a chance to take in the view. I'm so glad we didn't stay somewhere in the middle of town. It would have been too noisy, Whereas Villa Los corales was peaceful & quite. Also, the short walk back to the property gives you a chance to walk off those big meals. Now the best part has to be the breathtaking rooftop with pool. It's pretty much indescribable. Can't really do the view justice trying to describe how beautiful it is. So just, yeah. Amazing. There's hammocks and tables, lounge chairs, a bathroom and fridge. It's perfect. lastly, Janet and David are beyond helpful. They arranged for a driver to take us to and from the airport, saving us a headache. They also offered to set up any tours or activities during our stay. I would stay with them again and recomend villa los Corales. Thank you Janet & David.

Licha B
“Celebrating my 50th birthday....absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed April 15, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

Los Corales is located up the mountain, but just steps away from the Pacific Ocean and downtown Sayulita. The views from our studio were amazing. Each morning, we had our coffee on the balcony overlooking the town and ocean. The rooftop pool area was perfect for relaxing with a perfect view. The Villa has all the modern amenities and is very clean and well maintained. Jeanette and David were excellent hosts. They were very helpful with any question that we had. We will definitely return to Los Corales.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Apr 16, 2017
Thanks again for staying at our place you are always welcome.

David and Jeanette
Valerie F
Jackson, California
““Spacious Studio 3A! Spectacular ocean view with privacy/easy walk to beach and town!””
Reviewed January 23, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

My first time in Sayulita and I fell in love with the area....and perfect January weather. Studio 3A had a wonderful balcony, minimalist rustic/sturdy furnishings, basic but very functional kitchenette, and a nice bathroom. Accommodations were exceptionally clean with room serviced several times during 8 night stay. It is clear that the proprietors, David and Jeannette, take pride of ownership in the beautifully maintained Villa Los Corales complex. David and Jeanette are exceptional, helpful and friendly hosts living on site. Their sweet dog, Nala, is a good will ambassador for the guests!!! Units are quite private with thick soundproof walls. Rooftop deck with infinity pool offers quiet place to refresh, read and relax with exceptional views of the town and the ocean. Again, pool and deck area clean/immaculately maintained. Easy walk to local beach, shopping, restaurants and amenities. Villa Los Corales is located on one of the hills surrounding the town. I enjoyed the uphill walk back to the Villa, but my friend found it to be a bit challenging.
I would definitely consider returning to Sayulita to continue to explore the area. Lots of progressive construction along the Riviera Nayarit/the area continues to expand facilities as population/tourism increases. I highly recommend staying at Villa Los Corales if Sayulita is your destination. Thank you for an exceptional holiday! I will be back!!!!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jan 24, 2017
Thanks for your stay with us at villa Los Corales. You were easy guest to please as we did our job. We hope to have you back.
David, Jeanette and Nala
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing