“Jungle Jim's - A good choice whil ein St. Anthony”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Jungle Jim's

Jungle Jim's
Ranked #6 of 15 Restaurants in St. Anthony
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Jungle Jim's is a restaurant chain. They recently added a location inside the Hotel North in St. Anthony. Swing on in and visit our Location Today!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Jungle Jim's - A good choice whil ein St. Anthony”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I was in St. Anthony for a week and stopped here my last day. Although I did not know it at the time, apparently this is a chain since I now see two other Jungle Jim's in St. John's.

Jungle Jim's is a pretty typical "sports bar" albeit smaller. A bar, booths and a few table all in a bamboo decor. Like all of St. Anthony, this is very casual so while the service was fine, don't expect what you might find in larger US or Canadian cities.

I ordered a "Surf n Turf" dinner with steak, 4 shrimp, bacon wrapped mussels served with a baked potato and corn. The steak was very tasty and well prepared, better than the Haven Inn up the road. I was very pleasantly surprised.

If you are looking for a good meal, this is the place. It does not have local flavor or histor, but for good food you will be happy.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Mark M

St. John's
“Had a great meal at Jungle Jims”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My experience at Jungle Jims was very good. Had the mexi-combo meal and I thought it was delicious. A nice change from the seafood restaurants I'd been visiting, although the seafood elsewhere was great too.

• Visited September 2013
“Awful!”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We ended up at this restaurant because the one we had planned to go to was closed and we didn't want to drive far on a wet night. We had calamari as an appetizer followed by a vegetable stir fry for my husband and a shrimp stir fry for myself. Considering all the wonderful local seafood available, the meal was dreadful. Both veggies and seafood were obviously frozen and dosed in a horrible sweet and sour sauce. Served with rice that I can only describe as "wet". I think I can say this was the worst meal I have ever eaten!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Gourmandm
Burlington Ontario
“Surprised”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Not much to look at from the outside, but a good roadhouse style of dining and food. Bamboo everywhere and a friendly atmosphere.

Visited September 2013
Brantford, Canada
“Good Value for Lunch”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We spent a morning wandering around St. Anthonys and at the light house whale watching. When lunchtime arrived we thought we'd try Jungle Jim's since we'd seen the ads across Newfoundland. They have a "Two Can Dine" special for lunch and we both opted for a French Onion soup and sandwich special. The food was good, the service was quick, although the server kept calling us "You guys" - a personal peeve when one of the folks with me is my wife (not a guy!), The only other concern we had was the ladies washroom which was not maintained very well.

Visited July 2013