“A tale of two steaks”
Review of Kelly's Inn

Kelly's Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Ballygawley B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Called here twice, once on lunchtime and once at night.
The lunchtime steak salad was absolutely delicious, beautifully cooked and presented.
Because of this lovely meal, we ate here again a few evenings later.
The waitress was surley and disinterested. The food was poor and nowhere near the previous standard.
When I paid, I was asked if everything was OK and I mentioned the differerence between the two meals. I was told "Sorry about that" with no further comment.
Pity about the customer service...or lack of it, as when it chooses to, this place can produce really good food.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Went to todds leap for my nephew stag do and they booked us in here great place we all we a bit dog tired when we got but was pleasantly surprised by what we found staff were great rooms were ok got a very good value meal and drinks plenty of Craic we all enjoyed your stay will be back again

Room Tip: All rooms very much like each other
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank David M
Reviewed March 15, 2013

we stayed here on a family wedding. Rate was very reasonable so decided to stay for night. Rooms were very spacious and were easy accessed from wedding venue. Overall a decent budget stay if you have business in the area

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tyronetheduffer
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here in September 2012 for a family wedding. Have visitied Kelly's Inn a few time for something to eat and was never disappointed. This was my first time to stay in one of the rooms. We were allocated a family room which meant we had ample space. Lovely spacious rooms. Excellant heat facilities which you could adjust yourselves in the room. Really comfotable beds...... we both slept like babies :-)
Breakfast the next morning was served up to 11.30 which i thought was great as most places we stay breakfast stops being served at 10am. When our breakfast was served we both looked at each other and thought 'Is that all we are getting?' but on completition of the breakfast, it was just the perfect amount. It set us up nicely for the day ahead.
Staff were very friendly, helpful and accomodating. Would definately recommend

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Donna M
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have eaten in Kelly's several times over the years and have never been disappointed with its standard of food! However, it wouldn't be a place that I would have recommended to others but my opinion has now changed. If you like good value, friendly staff and great food then I would highly recommend that you call in for something to eat as you pass by.
Its not a place for great atmosphere or its surroundings but it does offer good value and great wholesome food. My husband and I dropped in on the way home from Belfast and I was reluctant to call in because of the above reasons but I ate my words instantly. I had the special, 'Chicken a la King' and my husband had a sirloin steak with all the trimmings. The food was excellent. We both had desserts, coffee's and my husband had a glass of red. The bill amounted to just £40 which I thought was very decent considering today's prices. I will never be reluctant to call in again!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Redjed66
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I regularly stop at Kelly's en-route from Inishowen to Dublin and every meal I have enjoyed here is exactly what I ordered. The staff are pleasant and attentive, the ambiance and decor is non-descript but this is not the place to go for atmosphere, it is the food that keeps the customer coming back. I normally have breakfast or late evening meals and the quality to value ratio is the best on the 250KM route. Some places on this route might serve 3 good meals out of four but Kelly's is always up to standard time after time. It also has very clean toilets which is very important to regular travellers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank James D
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Stayed in Kelly's Inn following a day's activities at Todd's Leap as this was part of the overall package. I and those I was with were quite surprised as we thought the Todd's Leap deal would, if you will forgive my assumption, be something cheap and cheerful but basic. How wrong we were. From the onset the Staff who we met when we arrived and throughout our stay made to feel like a regular.

On booking in we were shown, not directed to our rooms, and the conversation between ourselves and the member of staff was natural and flowing which was very pleasant given some of the surly characters I have encountered in the past.

As for the bedroom itself I was taken aback by the size and it equaled if not bettered some of the hotel rooms we have stayed in that boasted a 4* rating. Similarly the bathroom was a good size with a full size bath with shower. If there was one wee niggle it was the towels they were so rough they could have removed the top layer of skin if you weren't careful. Perhaps it was the water up round that of part of the country or the detergent but a wee drop of fabric softener wouldn't go amiss.

We had booked an evening meal for the 4 of us and it was faultless. The restaurant was bright and airy was laid out well with enough space to enjoy a conversation without being overheard but without feeling your were isolated. There was a large party attending with enough waiting staff to ensure everyone was kept happy. As for the meal itself it was presented well and was warm, tasty, filling and very well priced. Following our meal we headed to the bar and the same friendly relaxed chat from the bar staff was evident here as well.

The following morning after an excellent nights sleep we went down to get our breakfast in the restaurant. Again it couldn't be faulted. Friendly staff and probability one of the best "Ulster fry's" I have every tasted and I know this may sound silly but the best toast ever. Not sure how they did whether it was under a gas grill or in an electric toaster but the toast alone, never mind everything else would be worth a return visit.

So if you are in the area and need an overnight stop, or if your planning to stay in the area for a few days to explore the wonderful countryside or are simply in need of a hearty breakfast in a welcoming environment do yourself a favour stop of at Kelly's Inn

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gmcfa002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballygawley
Corick House & Spa
#1 of 3 in Omagh
No photo provided
The Tailor's House
#1 of 2 in Ballygawley

Been to Kelly's Inn? Share your experiences!