“Stunning!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Brookhall Cottages

Entrance to Brookhall Cottages
Kitchen at Honeysuckle Cottage
Bedroom at Honeysuckle
Bathroom at Honeysuckle
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
jnth007
“Average”
Reviewed September 5, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Strong smell from boiler permeated the house, dryer was broke and wasn't fixed, one attempt was made but was too late in the evening. Overall the cottage was ok but nothing to get too excited about.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
mierman1
Killaloe, Ireland
“Booking cancelled due to a better offer”
Reviewed July 26, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

My family and I had made a last minute booking back at May bank holiday and had a nice stay, although we found it a little bit expensive so we decided to stay at another accommodation when we returned to the area. Unfortunately, we had an issue at that accommodation and decided to call Brookhall to book there again as we did like it the first time. I called again to book and was told there was just a cancellation so we were in luck and agreed a price for two nights. She asked what time we would be there as she was concerned she may be away for a bit during the afternoon. I said I was not sure just yet but we would call in advance, and provided my phone number.

I called back 90 minutes later to ask if the room will be ready if we come over soon and was abruptly told my room was cancelled. I told her that there must be a misunderstanding as I had only booked it a few minutes ago. I was told that she received an offer of four nights from someone else and she'd be "a fool not to take it" as she had no way of knowing whether we would come or not, so she just cancelled without bothering to notify me.

For a place that prides itself on repeat customers, I certainly was not treated like an important repeat guest - we won't be back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Aug 21, 2017
I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with our booking system. There appears to have been a misunderstanding as I was under the impression that you were enquiring about the cottage, but had not actually said you wanted to book it. I was waiting on your return call before I went out to confirm, when someone else arrived at my door and booked for four nights. You can appreciate that I would be foolish not to turn away business. If you had made a definite booking I would of course have honoured this. I am glad that you enjoyed your first stay here and would be happy to welcome you in the future.
Pauline Johnston
Gordon B
“Stunning!”
Reviewed June 7, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

The pictures dont do the area justice, after driving up from Dublin we pulled in and staight away crossed our fingers we were in the right place. The whole area around was so beautiful and peaceful and the host was so welcoming. We had our own entrance and the cottage had everythign you would need. The bedrooms are comfy but really its the whole area out and around the house that sets it apart from most other places. I would highly recommend it for a weekend away if you are just looking for some peace and quiet.

We will be back again next year.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property as a whole was just perfect.
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Randy P
Breslau
“SPECTACULAR”
Reviewed May 7, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

We found the cottages to be brilliant and the owner Pauline to be one of the nicest people we have met. The cottages had all the amenities of home and then some. Upon our arrival it was housed with some treats for our first "tea time" in Ireland would recommend the Brookhall Cottages to all my friends. The other cottages and the buildings were very appealing and we were able to enjoy a bit of Irish countryside along with the Roosters, Pigs and the cutest donkeys. Will remember our stay for a long time to come.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How pleasant Pauline the owner was and would jump hoops to accommodate us.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Azeuro O
County Wexford, Ireland
“Perfect choice for self-catering stay. We would highly recommend.”
Reviewed September 24, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at Brookhall cottages for two nights. We initially chose Brookhall because it is pet friendly. It was only when we arrived that we discovered just how perfect the cottages are. They are in a traditional style yet contain all mod cons. Lovely peaceful atmosphere with some lovely walks adjacent. The owner Pauline gave us a warm Ulster welcome and would unobtrusively check with us periodically to ensure all was to our satisfaction.

A super relaxing rural retreat only a short trip from Belfast and with plenty of shops and major retailers within a few minutes drive. A great place to stay if visiting the area (including Belfast) for work or pleasure. We will definitely return to Brookhall Cottages

Rach1710
Abbeyfeale, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed July 13, 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The Cottage was beautiful lovely location not far from Belfast the people were so friendly the animals were lovely I had such a lovely time I will go there again next year.I cant wait till next year It will be lovely thank you so much for a lovely stay

Jul 21, 2015
Thank you for your lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you back to Brookhall in the future.

Pauline
sherco290
Tipperary, Ireland
“Fantastic cottage”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We were lucky to have stayed here after confusion with booking. Please book directly with owner. She's a lovely lady & we only met her the day we booked in. She left in scones later that night. If you want a hideaway this place is great. Pets are welcomed here too. Also It's reasonable if another couple are staying with you. There's an archway between the two cottages so its suitable for up to 8 people.

Liked best: Privacy
Liked least: Confusion with booking
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Jul 21, 2015
Thank you for your lovely comments.

Pauline Johnston
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing