“A letdown to the brand”

Frankie and Benny's
Ranked #76 of 117 Restaurants in Lisburn
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have eaten in a number of Frankie and Benny's in Northern Ireland and England and until I came to this place they had all been pretty standard.

The Sprucefield branch are well below par.

The service was slow. Finally came to take our drinks order and walked off before we could even speak and didn't take our food order. After approx 30 minutes we had to ask a passing waiter if someone could please take our order.

Food came, starters (chicken wings and potato skins) were nice. My main was ok but his bacon cheeseburger was missing the bacon. Couldn't even be bothered complaining by this stage, just wanted to eat and get out of there.

Much nicer places to eat in the area and in wider Lisburn. Won't bother returning.

There are newer reviews for Frankie and Benny's

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Visited F&Bs for the first time this evening with my wife and am unlikely to return. This place embodies the worst of American diner cuisine, over-priced, plenty of food on the plate but poor quality and very bland. The fries were luke-warm with not even a hint of taste, my wife had the chicken (dry) and I had a calzone, which contained a slightly over-powered barbeque sauce, presumably to mask the tastelessness of the rest of the ingredients. We didn't venture to try to the desserts, maybe they would have redeemed the meal but I doubt it. Back to Wolfes for us, better price and better food.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews!

I visited Frankie and Bennys on Saturday evening with my family. We enjoyed a starter platter between us, I had a pizza and my mum and dad enjoyed a burger and chicken and ribs.

The meals were piping hot and delivered in great time: normally I have a gripe about starter and main being too close but this was just right.

The staff were very attentive and it felt they were genuinely interested in having us there.

Well be back again soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We decided to have breakfast here recently and I’m sorry to say we came away feeling so very disappointed. The quality and presentation of food was very poor. The bacon was hard and practically inedible. All the food was presented on cold plates, which meant that the meal was served cold. We were not served the drinks we asked for. We did however get a part refund when we complained. Directly afterwards, we crossed the car-park to McDonalds and spent the refund there.

It’s a real shame, because this is basically a nice place. It has great décor with pleasant and attentive waiting staff. I’d love to see this place do well as Lisburn could do with more places to eat. But I won’t be going back until they greatly improve the quality and presentation of their food.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is not a restaurant as the food really is fast food however to suggest it serves fast food would be ironic!
We were told it would take 25 mins to wait in the bar - the bar area was so small and full that the waitress was bumping into everyone, there were no seats and to make matters worse we could see loads of empty tables. A party of four beside us waited for 15 of the minutes we were waiting and eventually got seated in an empty table - the table was empty that entire time. We waited 35 minutes.
We eventually got seated and got served by the drollest member of staff - asked us to repeat everything twice, no smile, robotic. We sat facing the cooking area and no doubt the staff were busy but to see prepared food orders building up on the counter and not served out was unbelievable. We couldn't see what all the delay was about as there were plenty of staff running around ( not serving food!).
We had the £5.95 lunch specials which were okay - got what we paid for and it was warm enough(just about). No requests to refill our drinks and had to ask twice for drinks to be served. My advice - don't bother, save yourself the trouble and go to McDonald's just down the road a bit - you'll get the same amount, prompt service, at half the price.

1  Thank Nuala T