“This restaurant is a hidden treasure.”

The Cardan Bar and Grill
Ranked #10 of 119 Restaurants in Lisburn
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Fabulous rump steak, fabulous service, driven by Gary, along with the lovely Gemma and good value for money. Some live music on Friday / Saturday night would make you stay longer.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a fantastic meal here on wednesday,the steak was amazing, first class!service was great,couldn't have asked for anymore.thanks guys :)

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten in many restaurants throughout the world and the Cardan is one of the best yet. The food is delicious, cooked to perfection every time. The service is nothing short of magnificent and all staff polite and very helpful. Very well priced. Atmosphere is cosy and welcoming. The standard of food and service never drops even at peak times. I would recommend the Cardan to all my friends and family as it is friendly, warm and the food is excellent. Minor point, I must stress a minor point, a lick of paint on the walls and ceiling to keep it fresh would help. But overall 5/5, great place.

Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

We went here to celebrate my sisters 43rd birthday. Staff were nice and friendly and the venue clean and tidy. I was first to arrive and had a few drinks whilst waiting for the rest of my party to arrive. They have an extensive and interesting cocktail menu so I ordered a raspberry mojito but was disappointed to be told they had no mint and I couldn't get this drink. When my party arrived we were seated and I selected a bottle of wine which I was told they had run out of. I then said the house white would be fine which I was told they had run out of. I then enquired if they were replacing the house white with an alternative at the same price which I would expect and was told no. I then just said being whatever white wine you do have if any as by now I was tired of being told we have run out of that. I ordered the steak which was lovely, cooked to perfection and well presented. We did however encounter a few more cases of we have run out if that when we tried to order chunky cut chips and 2 different main courses. The food was good and it was a Monday after a bank holiday weekend so they had probably been very busy but to be honest I don't think there's any excuse for not having so many things that are on your menu. Not sure if I would return.

1  Thank Kmcg10
Jon P, Owner at The Cardan Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review. Its reasonably difficult to respond to some of your points as the staff present have a slightly differing recollection of events. At no stage at all had we run out of any wine. I am led to believe that the house wine, Pinot Grigio, that you had chosen didn't suit you as it was from Argentina - this led you to ask for an alternative higher priced Pinot Grigio which you hoped we would sell at the lower price. We did run out of some other minor items, like mint and chunky chips. The mint should have been there, by hook or by crook....the chunky chips are not an actual regular item we carry, they have just been on a particular dish, so I would excuse that one.
In the interests of fairness, I would be happy to discuss the entire visit by telephone, if you would be happy to do so.
I await your call!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Agreed on earlier comments - great spot and am a regular, the ribs are to die for! Great decor, reasonably priced with a lovely atmosphere and staff ... Totally rivals some of the bigger name venues in Lisburn and Belfast. Must visit!!!