“Yummy”

Del Toro
Ranked #5 of 119 Restaurants in Lisburn
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Del Toro offers an upscale dining experience that meshes Tuscan cuisine with an exquisite menu. The seasonal focus on local, sustainable products means that each dish comes at its freshest and most flavourful. Matching the finest 28 day aged, 'naturally raised Northern Irish beef' with an elegant, sophisticated ambiance. Del Toro offers an experience that diners can savour on any occasion.At Del Toro we have an excellent selection of wines from our extensive international wine list. They come in a variety of styles and prices to complement our menus.
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Went here for a date night treat have to say will defo be back. Decided on the platter to start and oh my it was just gorgeous the ribs were so yummy. For main we decided on steak my partner had surf n turf and i went for the ribeye....my partner likes his steak rare & finds it hard to get it cooked jus right so as the waitress ask us to cut into the steak i held my breath....the smile on his face said it all cooked to perfection! The steak literally melted in your mouth just delish! Was a wednesday night & the place was quite full which we were surprised about & a great music selection was playing in the backround!! Culdnt face dessert as just to full! The staff were lovely and our waitress was especially giggly & talkative which really added to the whole experience! Really enjoy our date night here & look forward to enjoying many more in Del Toro!

Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

I'll start by saying " if your reading this - TRY DEL TORO" it's a hidden treasure in Lisburn.
The food is always fantastic as our the staff, it's constantly busy any time i am there and that speaks volumes.
On my last visit @ the weekend we had king scallops (divine) mixed breads ( sundried tomato bread was super)
For mains we had John Dory ( may i say I haven't seen that on a menu in a very longtime - its was truly sensational, cooked to perfection ) my partner had the meat feast - ( that's a whole lot of cow, and was juicy, tender and seasoned perfectly)
Overall our visit was excellent and the staff always makes us feel welcome - I think if you leave the house negative it's going to effect the rest off your evening - think we should be supporting not slating but each to their own - all I can say is give it a go :)
Best of luck :)

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I dined here on a Sunday as a treat and I have to say I was very happy with all aspects of the dining experience here - great varied menu for the kids and very reasonably priced too, lovely menu for me and my husband to chose from also. I choose the chicken dish and my hubby the roast beef - it was just superb...could not believe you got a 1st class roast dinner for a tenner so i thought I'd treat myself to a nice glass of vino...why not!! lovely family atmosphere and the staff were so friendly could not do enough for my 2 boys...they lapped up the attention! they deserve every success - lovely staff and lovely food!! have to be honest its hard to get both together..a reasonable and fair bill well spent! .

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and i visited here after reading all the great reviews. I had the Pigeon to start which i really enjoyed having not tried pigeon before and my wife had the mixed breads with the oils and tapenade. We were enjoying these until my wife looked up at me saying she didnt think this should be in the herb oil.. She was holding a blue elastic band! The staff were apologetic and asked if she wanted another one but she didnt bother and we were told it would not be on our bill. So, we anxiously waited on our steaks not knowing what to expect! I got my ribeye with jack daniels and blue cheese sauce and she got sirloin with pepper sauce. Perfect steaks! An my sauce was divine. I especially loved the tobacco onions and portion sizes were huge! As we were stuffed we got the bill and guess what... The breads were still on it! Obviously wwe said but i was disappointed that they didnt do anything for us such as give us a drink on the house as they really messed up leaving a rubber band in food which could have been dangerous also. Overall the food was great just that one thing let it down. I dont think we will be back any time soon unfortunately.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Went to del toro just after Xmas, we were given vouchers so thought we'd check it out. Reviews were excellent so both myself and my husband were really looking forward to a lovely experience. Unfortunately this was not to be. We both ordered scallops for starters, ugh!! What was that awful chutney! Totally took away from the scallop making them barely edible. We both had steak for main course which was nice not amazing but I suppose if you are a real meat eater then you might appreciate it more than myself who prefers fish, but fish limited on the menu. The main course was just ok didn't blow me away. The service was good and the atmosphere was ok. Tables a bit small.. All in all I was quite disappointed with the experience given the raving reviews. But when I go out for a meal an I love to taste food that I can't cook myself (and I'm no Gordon Ramsey).