“An Honest Review”

Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lisburn
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The plus points:

Good location - very close to town, hospital and shopping.
Rooms are of good standard. Basic but well maintained. (Although I did have issue with noisy air conditioning which keep me awake)
Lots of doors banging late at nigh and early in the morning. This is due to the door springs which slam the room door closed and the fire doors along the corridors.

The bad bits:

Do not eat here....ever.
Food is appalling, cold and bland.
Service is shockingly bad and servers are very disinterested.
Breakfast is also very poor and self service area is not well stocked.
Water for tea making is never hot enough and fresh fruit selection is very poor

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dublinman65
Norman M, Manager at Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn Lisburn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Ok stay for 3 nights for the money, but very noisy hotel, narrow corridors and paper thin walls. Front desk staff asked if my stay was ok and I said no for one of the three nights because of drunks coming home late and making excess noise in the corridors, did they mention the quiet night guarantee? Of course not as it is a scam.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion your stay was less than relaxing. Please be assured your comments have been noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at our hotel. Your feedback is very much appreciated. Please contact myself at Lisburn Premier Inn on 028 92 627070 or by email lisburn.pi@premierinn.com so I can arrange a refund as we do have a Good Night Guarantee in place.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed for 2nights on a golfing weekend with a group of friends.ON arrival we were greeted by Norman the receptionist who checked us in an introduced us to Premier Inn.Our room was very clean and had excellent facilities with a ccomfortable bed, tv , hairdryer and tea/coffee facilities.We dined in the hotel for dinner and breakfast on both days and were very impressed by the quality, value for money, cleanliness aand friendly staff.Will definitely be back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Norman M, Manager at Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks for your review. Its great to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at Premier Inn Lisburn. It remains our main objective to provide a high standard of service and we’re so pleased you feel we achieved this. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn very soon. Thanks once again for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Visited restaurant on 2/10/13 at 6 pm. I was here last year on 10th October and wrote a partially critical review then. What a great improvement on that visit. Although we did not stay this time we booked a table for 3 in the restaurant. The food was superb and the staff were first class. Thanks for a great evening.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

If you're in N Ireland for business or pleasure this is pretty central , just off the motorway and much easier to park than in Belfast ( 10mins away )
Nice and quiet - though I agree with another reviewer that the aircon is v noisy .
Clean and comfortable room , quiet enough even though it was just off the reception . ( Did ask on my arrival for 3 nights if I could have an upstairs room but the receptionist said sorry they were fully booked - understood , but I doubted all the upstairs rooms had already been taken at 6pm .)
Used the pub next door for breakfast and evenings - good food and friendly -I was travelling every day and too tired to go elsewhere , though when I enquired another of the receptionists told me there were other good places to eat on the Hillsborough Rd - so there is a choice if you fancy a change .

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Just returned from a stay at this hotel: staff were very friendly. The heating / air conditioning system was somewhat noisy and I had to turn it off after a while. The room was otherwise clean and comfortable. The TV is placed rather high on the shelving unit making it difficult to read text unless standing in front of it. No hand wash in the dispenser but plenty in the shower. The bed was comfortable and clean. I drank in the Table, Table bar next door. The food looked good but I thought a little expensive so I dined and breakfasted elsewhere. The hotel is handily placed for Lisburn with lovely walks along the river Lagan. I needed to print off a plane boarding card but staff were not able to help as they cant access the internet? I had to go to the local library who sorted out the problem (two mile walk). Overall a good stay.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Hildenboy
Norman M, Manager at Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thanks for your review of our hotel. It is great that our clean hotel, helpful friendly staff and facilities met your expectations and made your stay a comfortable one. We endeavour to deliver the highest level of service in all our establishments and your feedback helps us focus on doing this Thank you very much for telling us about the issues with the bathroom; these issues will be seen to immediately as we work to improve our hotel standards. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn again in the future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Checked in late, rate seemed high but no discounts available and the clerks didn't seem to care.
If you need WiFi you must do as I was told to do, go out and stand near the bar and it is available, otherwise it is a very high price. If your room is near enough you might get some coverage.
I mentioned a problem to the staff and was given a code for some free time on the WiFi, but that didn't work for my phone or my daughters.
Stay away from here, and if you ask directions, I think they enjoy sending Yanks the wrong way.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MPOLOUGHLIN

Many thanks for your review. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay and we consistently monitor our rates to ensure we are competitively priced, your feedback is very much appreciated and please be assured that your comments have been passed on to our Marketing Team. Thank you also for your feedback regarding Wi-Fi, please be assured your comments will be passed to our Marketing department.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisburn
Down Royal House
Beechlawn House Hotel
#39 of 47 in Belfast
Premier Inn Carrickfergus Hotel
#1 of 6 in Carrickfergus

Been to Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel? Share your experiences!