“Christmas @ the Inn”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lisburn
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Christmas @ the Inn”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Rather than stay in my flat for Christmas I decided to take 3 days over Christmas @ the Inn in Lisburn as I am on the wrong side of 80 I did not know what to expect, but since checking in to checking out I experienced nothing but the most helpful staff in ever aspect of my stay from the manager and his team, I booked in for the Christmas fare menu and it is a long time since I had as pleasant a Christmas, and please God next year I hope to revisit this experience
Sorry the Inn hasn't got a swimming pool

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TheFishfilliter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Just spent a very pleasant and comfortable time at this well located (15 mins from Belfast, 30 mins from airports, clean and comfortable hotel.

Staff were very pleasant and helpful, rooms very clean and comfortable.

Linen House bar offers good breakfast and a very reasonably priced bar.

Will stay again.

newry
Reviewed December 19, 2011

Very Poor. Waited 20mins to be checked in despite only one party behind at counter when we arrived. Was told one room number while another printed on the cardholder. Keycard initially wouldn't open lift. Was re-coded so it worked and then opened room printed on keycard...an already occupied room. Tried it in the room number she said and it opened that too. Brought it to her attention as we were concerned about the security of our possessions while we went out for dinner. Noise level in hotel with inconsiderate noisy guests in the middle of the night woke us several times. Airconditioning unit was on automatic despite us turning the heat up before we went out so room was still freezing when we returned. Unit too noisy to leave on while we tried to sleep. Have stayed in several premier inns before without hassle but this was just terrible. would not recommend.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 11, 2011

Stayed here for one night on business. Check in and out fast and simple. Room was clean and spacious. Food in the attached resturant that evening was edible but nothing to get excited about, breakfast was a lot better. Overal a pleasent stay.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Donegal Town, Ireland
Reviewed December 6, 2011

We booked 2 rooms for a weekend stay for my sister and our husbands. It's a good base for visiting Lisburn for shopping, there's a fantastic nearby country park at Hillsborough and eating at one of the fantastic pub restaurants in Hillsborough is a must! I have stayed at this venue before so knew what to expect and it lived up to it's usual reputation. A pleasant welcome, good clean warm hotel rooms, nice comfortable beds and a quiet night's sleep. However the hotel let itself down badly in the restaurant. We were finally seated at a table well over an hour after we booked for an evening meal. Food was delayed and overcooked due to being left on a hot plate. Service was very slow and miss-managed given it was Christmas party season. Such a shame I wont eat there again at dinner time.

Room Tip: ask for rooms overlooking the back of the hotel. This overlooks fields and is very quiet!
Inverness, Highlands, UK
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I lived in Lisburn for 7 years in the 1980's and this was my first trip back for 21 years. I normally stay at the Premier Inn in Alfred Street Belfast, but decided to try Lisburn for a night as the room rate was only £19! I was very pleasantly surprised and found it better than Alfred Street. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My room was fine and the dinner was good. Breakfast was satisfactory - not as good as Arthur Street. My only grumble was the weak coffee in the restaurant - but this should be improved by the time you go there as I informed them of this in their satisfaction survey - and they are likely to act on it! The only problem with the hotel is the location. Great if you have a car, but not much use if you have to use public transport - as I did! It is quite a way out of central Lisburn. They are adding extra bedrooms to the hotel. These should be finished soon and seem to fit in well with the older (3 years!) rooms.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
belfast n ireland
Reviewed November 30, 2011

large no of family stayed here as we were attending my niece's wedding nearby in a venue with no accommodation. staff very friendly and efficient, especially on booking a number of us in at 1.30 in the morning.Well Done.
rooms lovely, clean,warm and comfortable, looks like they had been newly decorated with crisp bedding and clean decor. breakfast good value for money and lovely eating area, though could have been a little warmer, but there was a large number of us getting served at once. staff helpful and friendly. would recommend to anyone.:) dont understand the other reviews, apart from the cool breakfast.

Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lisburn
Down Royal House
#2 of 2 in Lisburn
Beechlawn House Hotel
#35 of 43 in Belfast
Crowne Plaza Belfast
#17 of 43 in Belfast
Golden Mile
Premier Inn Belfast City Centre (Alfred Street) Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Lisburn Hotel? Share your experiences!