“Food ios delicious and far less greasy than any other Asian Buffet I have been to”
Review of Ginza Teppanyaki - CLOSED

Ginza Teppanyaki
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I have eaten here four times with my husband, with our family and with a friend. On one occasion there was confusion re use of a Groupon voucher (I had only just printed it and had not checked restrictions). After a discussion everything was resolved and the manager made sure that our subsequent visits were fine. I must commend the staff who are excellent, especially Emma and Conor- their helpfulness and courtesy gives a good enough reason to use this restaurant.
The Teppanyaki Grill, where you choose your own ingredients and have them cooked by the chef was interesting- and delicious. On two occasions I did not have to wait in line too long but on the third- the Grill was very popular and I had to wait about 20-25 minutes- but it was worth it. Go after 6pm. if you want this experience and wait for a lull in the queue if you do not like waiting.
I will certainly be going back with the grandchildren as they gave the food 10/10- and we had gone too early for the Grill which they would have loved!

3  Thank Scousemaid

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Four of us had a meal last night and thought the food was poor. We had a down load discount which the manage tried everything to disregard. The staff themselves were nice genuine people thou for what I seen and over heard my thoughts were, that slavery still going on. If any tips were handed to working waiter staff the management took it all, and no it was not split between the staff as a member of staff told us not to tip I felt very sorry for the staff and just couldn't believe people were still being treated this way.

2  Thank Stevemorganlisa
Reviewed August 24, 2011

we only tried this restaurant as had been able to get a very good "groupon" deal. we were very pleasantly surprised at how good it was - extremely clean; nice atmosphere; very efficient and friendly staff (didn't even have to ask for our water jug to be refilled!); and an endless (if not slightly overwhelming) choice of dishes. the teppanyaki stirfry was lovely but be warned - don't select too much of it like we did! what with it and the lovely starters i ended up not being able to sample any of the other main dishes as a result (although managed to squeeze in a lovely dessert!). lovely flavours all round and good quality food (don't understand other reviews giving negative comments about the beef and chicken). and our red wine was lovely too! (and reasonably priced). the only thing we would say is that we wouldn't honestly know what distinguishes the dishes as being japanese as opposed to chinese (we are no doubt just ignorant as regards this - apologies), but don't care as it was all delicious - puts most of the other restaurants in lisburn to shame! will definitely return!

2  Thank FoodieBabe33
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Went for dinner on a Fri night with a Groupon. Greeted at the door with by a man who missed his calling as a funeral director - couldn't muster so much as a smile or a half friendly greeting and quite frankly most of the staff seemed as if they didn't really want to be there.
After a wait at the reception for no obvious reason - (was pretty empty) showed to our seats for another wait for drinks whilst the waitresses cleared away tables around us or stood chatting to each other at the serving station at the kitchen.
Food was OK - plenty of choice but chicken was of the spongey variety. Don't think I'll be heading back. Has loads of potential but let down by average food and waiting service that disappoints.

2  Thank Jenny G
Reviewed August 11, 2011

With family here twice within the week. Staff including manager very friendly, very attentive and courteous, especially the manager served our table, he very helpful. He advise me take a small portions as you can return as many times as you want, and say "no limit, eat as much as you want and we close 10pm".
The environment was lovely and comfortable, you can view the kitchen, so know how clean everything is and the food was fantastic !
My kids love this place and the BBQ Ribs here, and also there are plenty chips and sausages available for kids too.
I love sushi, chicken wing, chicken satay kebab, beef satay, portuguese prawn and etc..
We all enjoyed the food especially the Teppanyaki bar !!
Ginza had a nice change and real surprise ! This place perfect for party groups !
The only down side is not much of choice for dessert, and a bit silly had a Corn Flakes cereal as a dessert. I hope they will make more choice for dessert.
Overall, very worth a visit, and I would definitely recommend it to all my friends and will go back soon !!

3  Thank james b