“Average Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Just moved to Lisburn and passed this restaurant and thought we'd give it a try. We went on a Friday evening and it wasn't that busy. The food was slightly disappointing and very expensive. I ordered pilau rice which was yellow, hard and greasy and the peshwari nan was very strange also. We did not feel that welcome either. The place was clean and the waiters were very polite. I have been to many Indian restaurants, mainly in England and the food at Spice was not up to standard.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Best restaurant in Lisburn! From the warm welcome to the service everything is perfect. If Indian food is your thing visit spice. I like my curry and the madras was amazing but they also let me try a sample of the vindaloo as I wasn't sure if I could handle it,will be getting it next time! Great freindly staff and atmosphere.

1  Thank Neil1975_12
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Called in just before Christmas so missed out on the usual early bird menu. The a la carte is pricey by local standards but the special Christmas version of the early bird was excellent value and the postions were generous. The poppadoms were so light and fesh and the dips great, lots of taste. Starters were good and mains tasty though I would have liked my jalfrezi with a little more chilli (I do have an asbestos palate though!) I have to confess to being spoilt when it comes to Indian food having enjoyed several trips to various parts of India and having lived near the curry mile in Manchester and been a regular at the iconic Akbars in the city. Service was friendly and the restaurant warm and welcoming. Well worth a return visit and certainly the best Inidan cuisine in the general area found to date.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

First visit to this restaurant, we had heard good reviews from friends and they weren't wrong. Atmosphere, staff and food were all very good it was however a little on the pricey side compared to your average similar establishment. Food was simple, tasty and it did what it said on the tin. Beer prices were the same as pub prices which pleased me. Toilets were nice and the whole restaurant was well presented and clean. Thumbs up! We will be back.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

been there several times usually for lunch . spice offers mon- fri a 2 course lunch for 5.95 with generous portions and brilliantly cooked and has early bird menu as well as a la carte at night. the service is good with ricky and denzel the latter always tease me to get a honda as i ve a clio. was there on tue past a 4 course x mas was good value at 13.95 with a lot of choices. anyone i know who has been always eave about it no surprise. i will be back soon.

1  Thank David M