“Good food but not great interior”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Himalaya

Himalaya
Ranked #50 of 113 Restaurants in Lisburn
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: THIS RESTAURANT SERVE CHICKEN ,LAMB ,VEGETABLES AND KING PRAWNS BANGLADESHI,INDIAN,PAKISTANI,NEPALESE AND EUROPEAN STYLE FOOD.WE SEVERE FROM FRESH INGREDIENT EVERY DAY.MONDAY-SUNDAY.AWARD WINNING RESTAURANT ONE OF THE OLD RESTAURANT.
belfast
“Good food but not great interior”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Been here a few times, food great but interior is like something stuck in the 70s. Staff all very friendly and reasonably priced.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Somecatch

Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“spice of life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

food is unbeatable have tried other indian restaurants but keep going back to the himalaya were i am never dissapointed

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Trevor P
Lisburn, United Kingdom
“Oh dear. Not for me.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

I ordered a meal online, to take away, and called in a bit early to pick it up. A glimpse behind the scenes into the kitchen made me wish I hadn't.
I doubt hygiene is high on the agenda - at least going by the chef's overcoat. I won't be back. I did eat the food though & it did taste ok with no adverse effects.

1 Thank Barry M
Lurgan, United Kingdom
“Very unfriendly management”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife and I went to this restaurant twice. The first time was fine and we had no complaints. The second time my wife wasn't happy her food. We politely explained this to management. Instantly they became rude and hostile and refused to give her a different meal or to apologise.

Six months later my wife went back with a friend. Exactly the same thing happened again, only this time with her friend, who ended up having an argument with the manager and refusing to pay.

It's a shame that management have such a bad attitude because the restaurant is actually very nice indeed. It is small, intimate and cozy. Food is also very good on the whole. But due to the poor attitude of management we wouldn't go back.

Visited August 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

The sauces were quite good - better than I have had elsewhere, however the deal maker and breaker for me which I benchmark all Indians against - is the pride they take in serving more delicate pieces of meat than you can get anywhere else.

As far as I have been able to ascertain the difference is in a charcoal clay tandoor and an electric clay tandoor. I understand 90% of Indians in NI do not have the charcoal ones, despite what they may claim on the menu.

The chicken in my curry was more chewy and tough than the curries I cook at home myself.

Deal breaker.

My upbringing in London has proved to be the one curse of moving to Ireland - I cant find anywhere which compares with even the average Indian Restaurants over there, and I pay more for the pleasure!

We got a take away and I thought was very pricey - for what the Himalaya is - very mediocre.

• Visited March 2012