See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2012

They truly are smiling, Des and his father greet you with the most charming smiles and a true Irish welcome. Down Royal House is sparklingly clean, the rooms are super, breakfast is all you could want for - and more. Nothing is too much trouble, Des is so helpful and knowledgeable, as is his Dad. Don`t worry about meals just because it is a B&B as they will direct you to Down Royal Golf Club, just a few minutes away, where you will find a very welcoming restaurant with an excellent chef and very pleasant, helpful staff. The fact that this restaurant is a favorite with locals says it all. This helps to make Down Royal House the perfect place to stay in the Lisburn area. We stayed at Down Royal House twice this year - May and August 2012, and we plan to go back next year. A truly hidden gem in a country of wonderful welcoming people.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent accommodation. Des is a top man. A number of us stay on a regular basis. Can't recommend it enough. Home from home, spotlessly clean, nothing too much trouble, fantastic knowledge of local area and Des couldn't be more helpful. Much appreciated.
Bernard at Walters Couriers.

Room tip: Don't take my room!
Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Bernard W
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Having just returned from Ireland, I spent one night at this well hidden, super B+B. When I eventually found it, I was happy to be looking at a quite large modern looking house; which I later found out has been remodelled a couple of times, most recently four years ago. It is clearly well maintained and cherished. Parking was safe and protected. I entered from the rear entrance and saw immediately, guests are catered for with a PC connected to BT Infinity and a printer for their use. Having got my key, I went upstairs to room 5. A very clean and spacious room, with a comfortable double bed, with TV, tea and coffee and most importantly, free Wi-Fi facilities available. The en-suite was very clean and the power shower is superb.
After a very comfortable night's sleep, I was ready for breakfast and Des did a full piping hot Northern Irish breakfast. Again faultless and served in a dining room with a very comfy lounge, with large seats at the other end.
Nothing seemed to be too much trouble for Des, the landlord, as he has paid a lot of attention to details to make your stay as relaxing and stress free as possible.
I would recommend this little gem to every one as after everything, I found their rates quite acceptable too.

Room tip: Make sure you get good directions to the local golf club for dinner; it’s only a mile and a half away. I misread them and got totally lost, went to the wrong golf club and finally ended up at McDonalds on the outskirts of Lisburn. Not what I intended.
Date of stay: July 2012
1  Thank Smithinscotland
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I have stayed at Des's place on numerous occasions, The last visit was for a month in January 2012. It really is a home from home, I am always made very welcome and nothing is too much trouble. Des and all the family are the perfect hosts. The B & B is spotless, large rooms, great breakfast. There really is no other place to stay, I would highly recommend it.

Date of stay: January 2012
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Very hospitable. Spotlessly clean. Really quiet area.
The Land lord could not do enough to make you feel at home.
There was more than enough food at hand for breakfast, from fresh orange and cereal to full cooked English.
Full C.C.T.V. inside and out.

Eddie, Paula & Tyla. ...O.G.K.K.U.K.

Date of stay: October 2011