I’m sorry to say that I was disappointed with Pension A Mare. The hostess was very nice, but it didn’t make up for the fact that the B&B was dingy and in need of an update. The bathroom and tile seemed kind of dirty and the showerhead was only about 4 feet high. I don’t understand why one would make a shower like that. The water just shot at you. The glass shower surround didn’t close properly so water went all over, even outside the bathroom. The sink was outside the bathroom in the room, which took up precious space. What I really didn’t understand was that there was a bigger room with a normal bathroom directly across the hall that was empty. It was the same price as our room so I don’t know why we weren’t given it. There was free internet, which was nice. The breakfast wasn’t anything special. It had the normal Portuguese fair, so if you don’t like cold cuts and cheese for breakfast, plan on not having much of a selection. Our room did have a wonderful view and the beach is very close.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly B&B style guest house just 100 meters from a beautiful sandy beach. Free Wi-fi. Traditional fishing village with lots of local restaurants serving the catch of the day, 2 bars (no discos). ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pension a Mare Bed And Breakfast
- Pension a Mare Hotel Salema
- Pension A Mare Bed & Breakfast Salema, Portugal - Algarve