I loved this little inn. Don't expect ritz -- this is a tiny, seaside town in the western Algarve, not far from Cape Sagres. But do expect friendly locals and a warm welcome at this cozy b&b on a hill overlooking the Atlantic.
A friend and I spent one night, arriving after a pleasant, 3-hour drive from Lisbon. Manager Bettina was a delight, making us feel right at home, and giving us our choice of the available twin rooms. (Needless to say, we went with the greatest view.)
The room was small, but the beds were comfortable, and there was a frig and service for making instant coffee or tea, and yes, wifi. The bathroom was surprisingly large, with a decent-sized shower and abundant hot water.... we were content. We also had free reign of the common area/breakfast room.
Speaking of breakfast, it was great. Bettina provided personal service, and a nice selection of excellent, just-delivered-from-the-bakery bread and croissants, along with jams, honey, fresh fruit, ham, cheese, coffee, tea, milk, and fantastic, fresh-squeezed orange juice -- accompanied by a lofty view of charming Salema and the sea. For the price, this was unbeatable.
Parking was easy, just part way down the hill (easier than it looks in photos). We found the people of Salema to be a delight, and the town is within a short drive of the Cape. It's a great stop during your visit to the Algarve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A friendly B&B style guest house just 100 meters from a beautiful sandy beach. Free Wi-fi. Traditional fishing village with lots of local restaurants serving the catch of the day, 2 bars (no discos). ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Pension a Mare Hotel Salema
- Pension a Mare Bed And Breakfast
- Pension A Mare Bed & Breakfast Salema, Portugal - Algarve