“Excellent Experience Superb Sangria!”
Review of Corsarios - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Corsarios
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The is a small, easily overlooked snack bar. It is worth eating there just because the owners are the type of people who I would like to see succeed.
London
“Excellent Experience Superb Sangria!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Just back from Salema after 3 years and Corsarios has got even better, Great value food - very fresh sardines with good friendly service. The owner is very welcoming and makes an excellent jug of sangria! Can't really fault the place not sure why the reviews are mixed, Great location opposite the beach and very laid back. Would most definitely recommend and will be back again for sure!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LondonWalter

Portugal
“Aimed at the tourists”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We wanted somewhere to eat at lunchtime for a simple tuna salad and a snack for my husband. We chose this cafe as it had large boards outside advertising salads, snacks etc and they had a few people in. We should have realised what it would be like when before we sat down the waitress came across and just flicked a cloth across our table in an attempt to clean it. They offered a simple salad on the menu to which I asked our waiter whether it would be possible to add a small amount of tuna to this. "oohhh no, I shouldn't think so" was the reply. He pointed out that there was a tuna salad on the menu, but this came with egg, potatoes and peas none of which I eat. So he said that he would ask the cook. Our food was "dumped" on the table about 15 minutes later without the tuna on the salad, when my husband asked for mustard, this was shoved in his hands after calling for his attention. Needless to say the food was not of a high standard and expensive for what we got. We won't be returning.

• Visited August 2013
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“What a nice surprise!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

There are a lot of wonderful restaurants in Salema. This restaurant not only is layed back it will surprise you. We went here for lunch since it looked layed back. What a great experience. I ordered a chicken salad and the salad was presented like I was at a 5 star resort. Marlena our server was so nice and she speaks multiple languages including English and German. If you want a unique expierence order the rabbit 24 hours in advance. We ordered it for 4 people. When we arrived for dinner we were surprised with complimentary various appetizers including chorizo among them and after the incredible dinner we received complimentary cake. All this wonderful cooking was done by Rosa who is not only a very unpretentious chef but a great cook!!!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
London
“Good food good service!”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We ate here on many a lunchtime in August 2011 and have to say always had a good experience. The food was always good, the service friendly and efficient.The mixed grill was particularly good and the Prawns excellent...

Would definitely recommend it!

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank LondonWalter
Lagos, Portugal
“Rude & arrogant owners and food the worst I've eaten in the Algarve-beware!”
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We own a villa in the Algarve, close to Salema & have been visiting the area for the past 6 years. We stopped here for a bite to eat at lunchtime today. I asked the waitress if the Whiting was fresh & not out of the freezer, she said she would check. She returned to the table to inform me that Yes it was fresh & that she had just had it herself for lunch. The Whiting was served & to my amazement it was so obviously taken straight out of the freezer and into the deep fat fryer! The coating was just like a fish finger coating. I complained that I was told it was a fresh fish - not frozen, with crinkle cut frozen chips! I tried to eat it but it was disgusting. I then complained to the waitress that it was most definitely not a freshly caught fish. She told me she had checked with the owner/manager & was told to say it was fresh. Then the Owner/Manager arrived out and argued with me that it was fresh. The plate was taken away & I stupidly thought they would not charge me for it. The bill arrived and I was charged full price!! No apology whatsoever. I was told if I could return what I had eaten they would not charge me! I left & paid the bill..I'll never return again. They are not interested in repeat business & have no customer care skills. All they want is your money.

3 Thank Graser1111