TripAdvisor
Salema
Post
Inbox
Search

“This is not a vegetarian friendly restaurant”
Review of Boia Bar

Boia Bar
Ranked #8 of 18 Restaurants in Salema
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Although the setting is lovely, there was very little that I could eat on this menu, and it was not impressive. The vegetable soup was almost tasteless. The pasta was OK. My husband, who loves seafood, was much happier here.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (596)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited this restaurant 3 years ago and returned last week hoping the simple grilled fish with salad would be as good; great news ..... it's better.
I noted it's now managed by the nearby Michelin restaurant Agua Na Boca: the improved service etc is noticeable.
The freshly grilled sardines and a large sea bass that we shared were stunning.
The sea bass was expertly filleted at our table by our waiter.
The affogato with espresso to end the lunch was most enjoyable.
You must visit to enjoy to beautiful location.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Great spot for lunch or dinner. Improved menu since last year offering a good choice of nicely presented reasonably priced food. Served in a great location overlooking the beach by attentive and friendly staff.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had the red snapper with shrimp rice and the tuna steak. The food was not prepared overly fancy but was cook well and tasted great.

Service was great. This place is a good value, especially considering its location.

Lap blankets for the outside seating came in very handy for my wife, as the evening cooled down considerably.

1  Thank livininparadise_13
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The first time I went to the Boia Bar, I was 16. It served fresh fish from an outside BBQ, perched on a wooden platform under a rudimentary shade.
We spent most of our days or nights here over the years, either eating or just drinking and having the most wonderful time.
We returned a couple of weeks ago, I am now 55. The bar has changed beyond recognition, into a stylish restaurant, with stunning views over the sea and direct easy access onto a new promenade and the beach.
Some of the staff I recognised from all those years ago, although unlikely they recognised me!!
The food was the best we ate on our week long holiday - delicious, fresh and well served.
So relieved to find it still there, and doing so well... we will be back!