My heart sank when we reached the View 1 resort. We were allocated a villa right next to the noisy construction site of the View 2. We were very disappointed because we had been looking forward to a quiet holiday in the peaceful fisherman's village of Salema. We immediately complained to the reception and were told a bare-faced lie that construction would stop at 6pm when in fact it continued until 8pm. On the next day, a Saturday, construction started at 8am and ran until 5pm. Needless to say, we didn't sleep-in, and were stressed out by construction noises all throughout our stay. Next disappointment was the lack of parasols on the scorching hot terrace of the pool area. Temperatures over 30 degrees gave us sun insolations with terrible headaches. To make things worse, cleaning was only carried out twice weekly at the complex. This was and still is a little suprising for a five star. Due to the proximity of the beach, we had sand on the floors of the villa, and had to muddle our way through it most of our stay. All in all, our stay was very disappointing. The View 1 offers very basic service and no entertainment or activities, not even a small library. The place becomes dead boring after 2 days. The supermarket is not a five minute walk as they say it is...it is a 25 minute walk. The View 1 is also pretty expensive and is definitely not worth it. Don't waste your money there, you will definitely have more fun and value for money elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This magical part of the Algarve is steeped in history, culture and astounding beauty. Commanding breathtaking scenery, it is the perfect place to escape and enjoy a richly deserved holiday in the sun, far away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. SAResorts enjoy a marvelous location between Lagos and Sagres, and one step away from Natural Park of Costa Vicentina. The View is Vigia’s stunning luxury resort. Located in the western Algarve, it commands breathtaking ocean views; overlooking a traditional Portuguese fishing village with secluded golden beach, lapped by turquoise seas. The resort boasts communal pools, a cafe bar and reception. Accommodation comprises 55 deluxe linked villas that are impeccably furnished, each containing everything you could possibly require during your stay with us. All the Parque da Floresta facilities will be available, including the free and unlimited access to Spa (pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and Turkish bath) and several discounts in the other services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your The View – Santo Antonio Villas, Golf & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The View Beach Holiday Hotel Salema
- The View – Santo Antonio Villas, Golf & Spa Salema, Portugal - Algarve