“Off the beaten track Michelin quality”
Review of Meo Moment Emotion Osmose - CLOSED

Meo Moment Emotion Osmose
Cuisines: French, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I ate here at lunch with two couples and an infant. As a Michelin starred restaurant they take their service and dish presentation seriously but it never felt stuffy. The staff were happy to provide a high chair and some little snacks for the baby, even swooping in to pick up dropped dummies.

Certainly more pricey than most, if not all other local restaurants but well worth the money for their set menus either at lunch or dinner for a more special meal out in the local area.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

If you are Tarascon, GO! This is great food in a wonderful atmosphere. Don't miss it. If you have time, enjoy your aperitifs in the upper room surrounded by art.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very high quality food and good service. The tasting menu is very good but is expensive. Also does a good lunch menu.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

My wife and I eat out often in good restaurants, all over the world, and this is one of the best meals we have ever had. We took the "Feu" menu, which comprises smallish portions of about 8 courses, and every single course was superb. Presentation was meticulous and the mixture of flavours was perfectly judged. Service was a little pretentious, but not unusually so for France. A really memorable evening!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We were the last diners to arrive for Sunday lunch, and in spite of arriving half an hour late we were warmly welcomed. The decor suits the architecture of the building which is situated next to the railway station..The service was friendly and attentive.
I would have loved to have given this restaurant a better review and I will certainly give it another try for midweek lunch for example. We were five diners and we all took the 48 Euro menu Air.
The mise en bouche were quite good, Even though the fish dish concept was a good one and could have been delicious , it was let down by the quality of the fish served. Called melva on the menu , it is otherwise known as bonite in French or skipjack en English. It belongs to the same family as tuna and is usually found in a tinned form and is also used by the Japanese to make bonito flakes which is the base of dashi . I have eaten this fish before , it is not a great quality fish. If the chef had trimmed off the the dark brown flesh which has an extremely fishy taste it would have been more acceptable. However I think there are better choices.
Four of us had the meat course of filet steak, and one a pescatarian version of the gambas and coral lentils dish without the sweetbreads. which I tasted . It was delicious.
First point concerning the steak was that there were two portion of flet which were acceptable and two which consisted of the tail end of the filet,. This dish was mediocre , it lacked sauce and the meat was quite tough and not acceptable in a one star Michelin restaurant where all dishes should look identical.
The desert of strawberries and green aniseed biscuits with white chocolate ice cream and lemon gel was superb and creative and was the saving grace of the meal . This is why I will give it another try despite the poor choice of fish, a filet of royal sea bream would have been more successful.
To conclude I really don't understand why the chef chose to server tail end of filet and poor quality fish on this kind of menu. I expected better.

2  Thank PELISSANNE