“Cozy and quiet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Old English Inn

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Old English Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Hollister B&B and Inns
Searcy, Arkansas
“Cozy and quiet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This hotel is wonderful! Charming, inviting, and cozy, the English Inn is a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of Branson. The rooms are small, but comfortable and perfect for a cozy couple's retreat. The food is EXCELLENT and the pub is everything you would expect with some of the best bartenders around. Way more than you would expect from a little town in the heart of farm country! The front desk staff was attentive and polite and suggested many local attractions and hotspots you won't find in a travel guide. If you're looking for a quiet getaway that's still within walking distance to the best Branson has to offer, look no further than Ye Olde English Inn in Historic downtown Hollister.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank KittyKad1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lebanon, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

My office went for our Christmas party with our spouses. We always try somewhere new. This one is a keeper. The staff was awesome. Super friendly. Very charming felt so comfortable like home.The rooms are small but the bed was comfy and the room was clean. They have setting areas which we all really like. Nice fieplace in the lobby and dining room. Our dinner was made there and was great. We also enjoyed the pub with the live band. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Smile002
Fayetteville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed there for the first time a few weeks ago and was surprised to find it. I've attending meetings in Hollister and Branson for years but never knew this little jewel existed. The service is great, the rooms are small but quaint. It has a nice relaxing feel and the pub is nice too.

They may have an elevator, but I didn't see one. So if you cannot climb stairs you might want to call and check.

Room Tip: If you are thinking about getting the suite to accommodate more people, don't. It will accommoda...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank LCLowe
Newnan, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

We visited friends in Hollister, MO and stayed for two days at the Inn. Our friends highly recommended the Inn. They were right; it was a memorable experience for us. The style, the furniture all of the appointments were fascinating and rich. The personnel were very friendly and professional. We will go there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gabe L
Bella Vista, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

During our three-day trip in Branson, we agreed that this Inn was our favorite part of our whole trip! The Inn is over a hundred years old and has been completely renovated while maintaining its beautiful Tudor charm. It is in a nice, quiet area away from the traffic and craziness, but also quite handy to Branson Landing as well as downtown. We loved the Black Horse Pub downstairs, where a very talented man with a group called the Medicine Man Show played great music. We also really enjoyed our delicious and inexpensive breakfast at the Inn's restaurant, which also serves lunch. All of the staff were wonderful and helpful. Our historic room, like most historic rooms, was small, but very comfortable and pretty, and they've made excellent use of the space. Everything was also very clean; I actually took a bath in a hotel tub for the first time ever because it was so clean! There is also a comfy area on the second floor landing for playing games or reading. My only tip would be that if you will have children along, you'd need to get one of the larger rooms. Our room was the standard size and was perfect for two, but there would be no way to fit children in. We have already decided this will be "our place" in Branson from now on!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
DuPage County, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I needed a place to stay for one night before catching a plane back to Chicago and was a little turned off by most of the places I saw in Branson. Just not my cup of tea. I came across the Olde English Inn on TripAdvisor and was immediately swept away by the wonderful history of the building. Every inch has been lovingly restored and beautifully decorated. The author, Janet Dailey, is a native of Hollister and is one of the co-owners of the hotel. I was told that she personally oversaw each detail of the redecorating. Be sure to notice Thunder's antlers mounted over the fireplace...and the beauty is that Thunder is alive and well! The room I had was perfect for one person...exactly the size it would have been around the turn of the century. The bed was so comfy, I could have easily missed my flight! The little touches, the soaps and lotions, are custom made. Each room has a wonderful spa robe to use. I just loved the whole place. There isn't an elevator, just a gorgeous grand staircase, but that could make it difficult for someone with mobility problems. I had heard from the desk clerks about the wonderful masquerade wedding as another reviewer mentioned. I think they were as excited about it as the wedding party! The only thing I would like to see the hotel do is to add a couple of taxi cab company numbers to their in-room phone listing or offer to call a cab for me. It was imperative that I be able to get to the airport the next morning and they were not able to supply me with any numbers. The bartender in the pub did and I got good service from ABC Cab the next morning. That was the ONLY issue I had with my stay. I'm really looking forward to going back and having more time to delve into the history of the area. I thought the Inn was just great!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Sedalia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I just had a destination, masquerade ball wedding for my step-son at this hotel. We booked all of the 21 rooms for 2 days, and had everything from the rehearsal dinner to the reception on the property. When I first started planning it was a little scary because it was difficult to communicate with the property manager at that time. Fortunately, she brought in an excellent event planning company (Branson Party Rentals) before she left. Her replacement was well organized, but one of the first times we visited her, the kitchen staff had walked out and she was in the kitchen. Turns out, all of this was a good thing because now, the hotel is well run, the food in the restaurant is excellent, and the pub and courtyard are loads of fun. The rooms are small but in great shape for the age. The chef is way better than you would expect to find in Hollister, Missouri and the staff could not be more accomodating. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sscheid
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollister
Savannah House Hotel
The Keeter Center at College of the Ozarks - Lodging
Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
BEST WESTERN Plus Landing View Inn & Suites
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge

Been to The Old English Inn? Share your experiences!