We stayed here for one night only while waiting to pick up our kids from a nearby camp. I love that it has some history (built in the 1900s) and was remodeled. I think this is perfect for one night, but you might want to stay somewhere else if you need longer. There is no elevator, so you have to haul your bags upstairs. The room was tiny. Only fits a bed and has a small table and small nighstands. Robes in the closet are a nice touch. The bathroom is very small and no counter space for toiletries. It was very clean and the staff was very nice. Like I mentioned, we were only there for one night and it was fine. But keep in mind the room is very small and you might need more space if staying a longer time. Our room came with a free breakfast, but we did not have time to try it. We really liked its charm and it was perfect for one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the nostalgic charm of one of the area's most recognized landmarks, The Old English Inn on historic Downing Street in Hollister, Missouri. First opened in 1912, the Inn underwent a full renovation in 2010. Enjoy a luxurious stay in one of 21 beautifully-restored guest suites complete with Elizabethan-style architectural detailing, magnificent wooden beds, fine linens and modern conveniences such as 32" LCD TVs, high-speed internet connection and free local calls. The newly renovated Downing Street Bistro, located on the lower-level, features fine dining for dinner and offers breakfast and a Sunday brunch. Next door, the intimate Black Horse Pub offers a full-selection of spirits along with occasional live performances by local musicians. Located just 3 minutes from the Branson Landing, the Ye Olde English Inn is a must-see piece of Ozarks' History. Bring your camera for a photo of the handcrafted staircase, beautifully landscaped courtyard and the carefully preserved mark on the stone walls of the lobby left by the overflowing White River in 1945. Nearby, see the Hollister Train Depot where many of the Inn's first overnight guests arrived eager to meet the friendly people and explore the breathtaking scenery in Harold Bell Wright's 1907 novel, The Shepherd of the Hills. Many of these 1900-era visitors star in The Inn's extensive photo collection. Whether you're looking for a romantic getaway, a place to reminisce with friends, military buddies or your extended family, The Old English Inn is the perfect place for any type group event, including weddings and anniversary celebrations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your The Old English Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde English Hotel Hollister
- The Old English Inn Branson, MO - Hollister