“BEWARE!!! You WILL NOT be able to sleep here!”

Westgate Branson Lakes Resort
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Hollister
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I spent the night here for our 22nd wedding anniversary. We stayed in a one bedroom villa that didn't have a lake view since there were none available(we stayed on the 4th floor). We didn't think it would be a big deal, but it was! There are walkways outside of the rooms, and the bedrooms share walls with the walkways. Problem is, there are lights, bright lights, over the walkways - and the only thing between them and your bedroom are vertical blinds that block NOTHING!!! I have no idea why they don't have some curtains in the bedroom, but there aren't (there were no curtains in the living room either, so if plan on using the sleeper sofa you will have the same problem)! When we went to bed, our room was brighter at night than it was during the daytime. We tried hanging the extra blankets from the valances of the two bedroom windows in an attempt to block some of the light, but it didn't help at all. We were unable to get any sleep - it was a miserable night. I wish I was exaggerating, but I am not. I can't imagine spending several nights in a villa like this - I would think twice about booking a condo here if you would like to get any sleep! Walkways are not on the lakeside rooms, so not sure if you would have the same problem if you stayed in those. We booked because of the reviews we found online. The place is clean and the staff were friendly, but what I have reported about the sleeping conditions is 100% accurate. BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank terri d
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your comments about your stay at our beautiful resort. With the feedback from our guests we can get better; we will definitely fix the problem with the bright lights interfering with our guests sleep time. You are correct that our lake side units do not have walkways next to the bedroom windows so the lights are not a factor with those units. I am pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and that the accommodations were
clean; we work hard to provide good customer service and cleanliness is always a priority. I hope that you will come back and give us a second chance. Thank you again for your input.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

My Husband and I booked a 2 bedroom deluxe condo, for our daughters bday. This place is fantastic, our view was of the lake, and on the 4th floor. The stay could not have been more perfect. The staff was so friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and the layout of the place was perfect. We heard no outside noise. My only disappointment was that we was only staying one night and not a week. We will be back again :)
Thank you very much to all the staff, for helping make my daughters birthday so special and wonderful. I work for Expedia and i will be recommending Westgate Emerald Pointe, in the future.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that we could play a part in making your daughter’s birthday a special day. Our mission statement is “ We fulfill our guest’s dreams by providing a quality vacation experience that exceeds all expectations” and it sounds like our mission was accomplished. We are working very hard to give the very best in customer service to compliment our beautiful lake location. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 1, 2011

Me and friends came to Branson just to get away and have fun. This was a great location on the lake and we had a gorgeous view from the 4th floor. The room was very modern and clean, the TV was the old tube type and didn't get too many channels, but we didn't come to Branson to watch TV. The bed and pull out sofa were plenty comfortable for sleep. The main lobby has an indoor pool, ping pong, and a game area with a mini kitchen which was nice. The staff were very helpful and gave us some assistance when we had to readjust our travel plans after our flight was cancelled due to hurricane Irene. Overall, we were very pleased with the location, amenities and staff, would defintely come back.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank piper161Pennsylvania
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2011

I am happy that you and your friends chose our resort to stay at during your visit to Branson and more importantly I am pleased that you enjoyed yourselves. I appreciate your comment about our location on beautiful Table Rock Lake which is second to none and the views from our lakeside units are breathtaking. I will pass along your comments about our clean units to our Housekeeping Team; they work hard and your words will motivate them to keep up the good work. We are in the process of replacing our tube type TV’s to the modern flat screen LCD type. I am pleased that you enjoyed our pools and other amenities. I will pass along your kind words to our Front Desk Team regarding the assistance they provided you; customer service is our top priority. I hope to see you back again in the not to distant future.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Pros: Friendly staff, really nice clean pool and pool area, plenty of parking near your room, secure area with guard gate access, fairly well equipped kitchens with smooth top stoves, dishwasher, and washer/dryer. There were a couple of gas grills near the pool but the propane tanks were empty and we did not know if these were available for public use or reserved to be used with the pavilion near the pool. Each building did have a charcoal grill outside of the building. Grounds and common areas were all very clean. Plenty of trash bins outside the rooms on each floor and these were emptied often. Elevators in each building.

Cons: Paper thin walls. You hear every footstep above you, every person walking or talking outside your room, and the guy snoring and people talking in the rooms adjacent to yours. No lake access for swimming. Needs lots of updating in the rooms. Loose/cracked floor tiles in bathrooms, dirty carpeting in rooms, wallpaper pealing, and fixtures loose in bathrooms.

If you are wanting to go swim in the lake, try Moonshine Beach Swim area. We saw it from the water and it looked nice (see Tripadvisor reviews).

We rented a boat from the State Park Marina. The boats were nice, staff was friendly, and this was a very well run operation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lake. Great views but the rooms are hard to come by.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank TexasTRVLR
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2011

Thank you for sending in your review of our property. I am happy to read that you reported the many good things we do and have here Emerald Pointe. I also am appreciative to hear the things that you found not so good. When we hear from our guests we listen and it helps us get better. The paper thin walls are something that will not be an easy fix; I will look in to any possible solutions to this issue. We would love to have lake access for swimming, however the Army Corp of Engineers owns the lakeshore along our resort. You are correct in stating that Moonshine Beach is a nice area to access the lake for swimming and it is very close to us; it’s a great place to spend a day enjoying beautiful Table Rock Lake. We have not updated all of our units but we are working in that direction. We have new leather sofas and chairs; new TV’s, new dining room furniture and new patio furniture in the works. As lower occupancy levels allow we will take care of the tile and wallpaper issues; loose fixtures will be taken care of on a daily basis as they get reported by our housekeeping inspectors. We purchased a very good commercial grade carpet cleaner in May and have been shampooing carpets a few at a time during our busy summer season; as occupancy slows we will get to them all very soon. To keep our carpets clean during high occupancy we have recently purchased a very good spot shampooer; this should resolve the dirty carpet issue going forward. The State Park Marina is a great place to rent a boat and has a friendly team to deal with; the marina is close to us and very easy to get to. I hope you come again and I agree with you that if possible get a reservation to stay in our B-side units; the view is spectacular.

Reviewed July 9, 2011

We have stayed here several times since it first opened. We have always enjoyed our stays until this year. You have to call a central call center in Florida to make reservations in which my credit card information was stolen and several charges were made on it from other countries. Some rooms are updated with flat screen tv's and others have the old style. Some have leather couches and some have cloth couches that are down right nasty from being dirty. The view from "B" side is great but their prices have skyrocketed to the point it is not worth the stay in Branson. Just came back from LA and the Hilton at Universal Studio's for a suite was less than Emeral Point. This is Branson MO and I think they forget that. Guest staying in Branson are not looking to pay Orlando prices. They still use keys that could be copied so watch what you leave in the room. I didn't know hotels still used keys. No WiFi or place to eat & it's about 7 miles back to town. Lady at the front desk with 1 tooth is clueless upon check in. The best part is the lake view which you pay for. If they are going to charge these prices then they need to offer consistency in their rooms, update rooms and offer wonderful customer service. I think they have another hotel in Branson but never stayed there.

Room Tip: lake view rooms are the best but expensive
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank happytillie
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2011

Thank you for your review and I appreciate the fact that you are a return visitor. It is true that we a have a central reservation team in Florida which works very well for us. I apologize for the inconvenience that a stolen credit card number can cause and I am sure I speak for our entire team at the reservation department in Florida. We are updating our units with leather sofas, love seat or easy chairs as well as with LCD televisions and new patio furniture for our B-side units. We are updating all the units over a period of time making it affordable for us to get the very best sofas, loveseats, chairs, TV’s and patio furniture we can purchase. Our B-side units have a spectacular view of Table Rock Lake that is second to none in the area; these units have a screened patio for our guest’s enjoyment. I agree with you that card keys instead of hard keys are better and it is in the plan for the future. WIFI is in the works and is coming in the very near future. Customer service is extremely important and it is at the top of our priority list.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

We picked this location because it was near a condo my family had rented and we could walk back and forth. Had we been aware of other condo units available in the area with the same walking distance we likely would have chosen a different spot. For the same price, my family secured a 3 bedroom unit for the price of our one bedroom (sofa bed). The sofa bed was horribly uncomfortable for our teen (who usually doesn't complain about a mattress). Even the king bed we had in our room was uncomfortable. A week of a bad bed often leaves me a bit critical. The tile in the bathroom was coming up by the tub shower. The walls are thin, so be prepared for an early wakeup call from the neighbors. We had housekeeping service on one day in the middle of our stay and the three young men spent more of their time trying to get my teenagers attention. We did a cookout by the pool which looked nice until we were under the pavilion with our food at the BBQ and we were overwhelmed with flies. The pool appeared well maintained but the BBQ area needed some pest control. The location was perfect for what we needed and the check-in staff was pleasant. Our room didn't have a view, but not sure for our trip that it was necessary. There is no internet access in the rooms and the cell phone/data service is poor for sprint and ATT. I can't understand how Westgate can't offer internet service, even for a fee.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank NikR

Thank you for responding on Trip Advisor; your input helps us to improve our resort.
I thank you and your family for choosing our resort; I hope you and your family will return again. Our mattresses are firm and I can appreciate the fact that you apparently do not like a firm mattress and I do apologize for any discomfort that it may have caused. The loose tile in the bathroom has been fixed and we have revisited this issue with our housekeepers so that they will report loose tile when they are cleaning the unit and maintenance will then be notified to do the repair immediately. Our housekeeping team does provide a mid-week cleaning for all of our guests staying the week and you can call our Front desk by dialing 1,2,3,4 for any other additional requests; the requested items will be delivered to your door. I’m happy that you enjoyed our beautiful outdoor pool area. The pavilion is an open pavilion and it is difficult to do any pest control with the flying insects. Your A-side unit did not have a view but I would encourage you to make your next reservation here a B-side unit; the view overlooking Table Rock Lake is amazing. I am pleased that you found our Front Desk Team to be pleasant. We expect to have WIFI in the near future.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Beautiful views do not make up for a lack of customer service. Westgate at Emerald Pointe did not care they mixed up our reservations and they did not care that we were without electricity when we arrived at our room. They were unapologetic for the troubles they caused and did nothing to compensate us for our troubles. I would not recommend this place based on their severe lack of customer concern among other reasons. They do NOT have wifi (closest is about a 7 min drive to a mcdonalds). They do NOT have heated pools (like their website says), the ROOM is heated but not the pool. There is no access to the lake unless you have a boat. Not to mention their rooms have paper thin walls and we could hear our neighbors on every side. One with a screaming kid and one slamming kitchen cabinets at 7am. Just a poor experience overall and I am disappointed they did not treat their guests better because I plan on telling as many people as possible.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cmg1985
hillto, General Manager at Westgate Branson Lakes Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2011

Thank you for sharing your concerns and for commenting about the beautiful views from our units here on the shores of Table Rock Lake; the views are breathtaking. While we do not make reservations here at the Resort it does not mitigate the fact that your reservation was not correct. I can assure you that every effort is made to accommodate our guest’s requests. With respect to the lack of electricity in your unit when you arrived and no lake access other than at the marina; these are weather related which we cannot control. The electricity is affected by storms from time to time and we do have lake access along our shoreline when the lake is at normal levels; we have 2 stairways and two paths so that our guests can enjoy the lake directly behind our condo buildings. We had a very wet and stormy spring which brought the lake to a level that it had not reached since the 1930’s. I do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you during your visit. I also apologize for my staff who gave you the impression that we do not care about our guests. Customer service is extremely important to us and because of your experience we will revisit and improve in that area. You are correct in saying that our website states that we have a heated pool and we do; it is our beautiful indoor pool. Our outdoor pool is not heated; it does not need to be heated due to our warm summer temperatures. We do not currently have WIFI but we are expecting to have it in the near future. I sincerely hope that this response will help encourage you to come and visit our resort again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hollister
Westgate Branson Woods Resort
Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge
La Quinta Inn & Suites Branson-Hollister
Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing
Hotel Grand Victorian
Hotel Grand Victorian
#19 of 133 in Branson
Hilton Branson Convention Center

Been to Westgate Branson Lakes Resort? Share your experiences!