“Great Food! Good Service!”

Mr. Gilberti's Place
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Hollister
Cuisines: Pizza, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Serving the best Italian food in the Ozarks. From Authentic Chicago Style Pizza to delicious Italian favorites like Eggplant Parmesan and Baked Mostaccioli, all of our dishes are prepared fresh in our kitchen. This family-owned restaurant is proud to invite you to our table to enjoy our recipes that have been handed down through the generations.
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Visited on November 3

Not on the main drag so be sure to put their address in your GPS! Or stop at Casey's and ask directions like we did.

Small family place - the owner was there and baking pizzas. Appeared to be many regulars.

Service was excellent - the waitresses seemed to handle each other tables when you needed drink refills, delivering the food, etc. to the point you didn't feel you really had a specific waitress - but it worked very well and service was prompt.

I'm not a pan pizza fan but I liked this pizza - crust bottom was still crunchy even though it was a deep dish pizza. We paid about $25 (including drinks) for a large Mr. Gilberti's specialty - italian sausage, candian bacon, mushrooms, marinated peppers, black olives, and jalapenos (if asked for). Toppings were covered with a thick tomato sauce to the point they were really no longer visible. We had enough left over for supper for my wife and I on Sunday evening.

I'll leave to others whether it was a true Chicago pizza or not.

Made using homemade crust - took about 20 minutes but that was said right on the menu so we knew that before we ordered. Was definitely worth the wait. If that's not acceptable, you might want to call your order ahead so it will be ready when you get there.

Homey atmosphere - lots of pictures of celebrity customers on the walls. Even some of the menu items were favorites of the stars such as the Andy Williams salad.

I'm not absolutely sure but I don't believe they served beer.

Would go back.

Their menu is on their website:

1  Thank RetiringAt62

Reviewed November 5, 2012

a secluded out of the way gem. not a large menu but it is all great. our favorite is mr, gilbertis deep dish pizza, you will go back for sure.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My husband and I had gone to this restaurant, which is kind of hard to locate, based on the reviews on trip advisor. The pizaa was made from fresh ingredients, however, it doesnt have sauce, only a very thin layer of crushed tomatoes, which arent seasoned very well. We got a thin crust pizza with sausage and green peppers. It was not very tasty. I would not recommend going there for the pizza. Cant speak for the other menu items.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

If you can find this place, you will be glad you did. This is a small,cozy place where we usually see the owners there on any given evening. Soft music lets us relax & visit, & the food is outstanding. The deep dish pizza has homemade crust & fresh, tasty toppings. A great place to take friends for a meal that is not a "cookie-cutter atmosphere" but a unique & fun dining place. The only thing I have not been wild about is the thin pizza crust, & I usually like thin crust. Get the pan pizza or the pasta

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We are locals and we eat there often. Don't know anything about Chicago pizza but I know Mr. Gilbert's is a good place to eat.

We have only eaten pizza and spaghetti. It is not a fast food place.

The food and the service are both first-rate

1  Thank R W