“Completely Excellent both stays”

Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages
Ranked #1 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 13, 2007

Just got home from our stay in the Vinyard building. Our room was perfectly equipped , spotlessly clean, and full of amenities with a wonderful view of the sunrise over vinyards and the picturesque river valley town of Hermann. We were very comfortable. Great breakfast and just-right staff & hosts. We should have stayed two nights. Last fall, we stayed in the brand new Hermann Hill Village cabins. What a place! If there are more luxurious lodgings in the state, I wouldn't know where to look.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank weluvbb

Reviewed October 29, 2006

Tried to book a room during the Chocalate Trail. Used this site and then Herman Hill's own site. Thoguth the cottage looked nice read the policy and read the site, tried to book a room. Got an email back sayign that the cottages required a 2 night stay during the weekend. Emailed them back to clarify this since their website did not state this. Got no reply.

Ok, then book a night in their Inn (the main building). Again got a reply, these rooms also require a two night stay. I again send them a reply, please explain where it states that. Got a reply that says, you are correct they do not state this, they will try to fix it for the future. sorry for the inconvience.

I explain that I am tryign to write a story about the choclate trail and their Bed and Breakfast. They then reply (even more promptly) that I can stay in these three rooms.

I pick one of the rooms they tell me to pick, and try to reserve it. I can not reserve the room that they told me to pick, because it is already reserved! I am not going to stay there, no will I recomend the place to any of my friends or readers.

Plain and simple.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank paydabill
Reviewed October 29, 2006

The old adage is you get what you pay for and this certainly applies here. We had the fortune of selecting one of their cottages overlooking the river and what a view. This is comparable to any 5-star complete with hot tub on the deck overlooking the river and stained glass window above the bed. The trains rumbling by below the cliff can take a little getting used too but this place is first class all the way.

If you are into visiting wineries, you won't run out of places to go and the leaves can be breathtaking in the fall. I felt the Octoberfest was a litte over-rated but the great food at area restaurants and beauty of the Inn more than made up for any shortcomings. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lynk11
Reviewed February 2, 2006

Nothing, but NOTHING was forgotten for our pleasure at this magnificent inn! We arrived by train and although we were offered a ride by the innkeeper to the inn, we decided to walk. WHEW!! It's waaaaaaaaaay up there in the clouds.......which makes the view absolutely amazing!

Terry greeted us at the front door after Gracie and Fred announced our arrival with their friendly barks. He gave us the "grand tour" of this breath-taking inn, showed us each and every amenity available (and NONE was forgotten!), then left us to our luxuriate in our room.

My only recommendation is to visit the town of Hermann in the summer or fall months if you want to dine at the more desirable eateries. We found the town very "sleepy" during our January visit, with many of the shops and most of the restaurants closed.

However our stay at Hermann Hills Vineyard and Inn was a RAPTUROUS experience!! Check out their website, and make a reservation!! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: January 2006
5  Thank Serenity_Now
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Louis, Mo.
Reviewed November 30, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Hermann Hill for our Anniversary. The room was romantic as well as one of the most expensive in the area. I do not mind splurging when the room and service is what is expected. We do a lot of traveling and have experienced many different hotels and B&Bs and we were quite surprised and very disppointed when my husband requested a later checkout and were told with no concern 11:00am is checkout. The reason for the request was both my husband and I were experiencing the full results of food poisoning since 11:00pm the night before and had been extremely ill all night continuing into that morning. We cancelled breakfast and requested a later checkout but instead did our best between our vomitting and diarrhea to vacate the room at 11:00am. I thought there may have been some misunderstanding and e-mailed my concerns but the response was as sensitive as the answer to our request for a late checkout. I really enjoy Hermann and recommend it highly but will never stay at Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn again.

• Stayed: November 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 29, 2005

Hermann Hill Vineyards & Inn is an outstanding B&B. My husband & I were there for a night as a gift from our daughter & family. The room was beautiful and very spacious and immaculate. The fireplace was a nice touch as was the little extras in the huge bathroom. It is obvious that great care is taken to make everthing just perfect & it was. I would highly recommend this wonderful inn.

• Stayed: August 2005
5  Thank fultongal
Reviewed June 15, 2005

Listen up guys! If you want to make a great impression on your lady then you simply can't do better than the Hermann Hill B&B. Terry & Peggy thought of everything here and you couldn't have better Innkeepers. We stopped for a night in July as my wife and I cycled the Katy Trail. Peggy insisted on meeting us in town and giving us a ride up to the Inn! We've stayed in a lot of first rate Inns and the Hermann Hill B&B is clearly among the best. We also had a great time talking to Peggy and Terry. Thanks you two!

• Stayed: July 2001
5  Thank Canyonlands
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Hermann Crown Suites
#8 of 50 in Hermann
Cobbler Room & Cottage B&B and Massage
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites

Been to Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages? Share your experiences!