“A 'must' stay when your staying in Hermann, MO”

Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages
Ranked #1 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

This was our 1st visit to Hermannhill Vineyard B&B. Romance from the time you walked in the door♥ Staff made you feel welcome the entire time. We stayed in the Seyval room at the Inn & couldn't be more pleased! It had a Hot tub, Steam shower, Sauna & 2 fireplaces. Very nice!! Too cold to sit outside & enjoy the firepit, but still loved looking out at the beautiful view from our room. Overlooks the vineyard & city. Every night you get a candle lit tray with warm heart shaped cookies & ice cream delivered to your room. We also traveled & checked out where the cottages were. Their properties are beautiful, surprises everywhere! We met the owner Terry & couldn't be more impressed with him & all his visions!! What he is doing is truly amazing!! We loved it!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This trip for us was a quick Valentine's Day getaway splurge for my husband and me -- and it was wonderful from start to finish. We stayed in the Captains Heckmann cottage, which was lovely, spacious & beautifully appointed. The sumptuously-stocked fridge was a wonderful welcome, and the fireplaces added to the ambiance as well as making things nice and toasty on a chilly night. We also loved the steam shower -- we've wished we could have taken it home with us more than once. The entire staff was warm and welcoming, always genuinely ready to help and so friendly.

One thing worth noting when you visit (because you really MUST visit) is that the Cottages are in a completely different location from the inn itself -- as in, "other side of town" different location -- and you'll be checking in at the inn first in order to get your key, etc. Now, Hermann is not at all large, so a trip across town isn't a problem at all -- but as I said, worth noting so as to avoid confusion when you first arrive.

We are eagerly awaiting an opportunity to go back in warmer weather and avail ourselves more fully of the grill and hot tub on the deck as well as the laid-back luxury of the entire property. If you're looking for a quiet and comfortable place to reconnect while feeling gloriously pampered, Hermann Hill is absolutely it!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Hermann Hill has yet again well exceeded our expectations. From the wine and cheese waiting in our fridge, to the delicious breakfasts and cookies, to the beautiful views from the hot tub on our deck...our Hermann Hill getaway was everything we needed and more. The Jacuzzi and rain-forest shower were lovely and coupled with the aromatherapy fireplaces I never wanted to leave. Hermann Hill is the total package for a relaxing, rejuvenating weekend. The Aveda Spa was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed our couples massage. The town of Hermann is charming and there is much to see and do; from wineries to antique shops to delicious restaurants. I do however guarantee you won't want to be away from your Hermann Hill cottage for long!

1  Thank Jessica Ms B
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My husband and I have tried many B&B in the past 15 years. Ever since we had found Hermann Hill B&B in 2009, we have been back every year in February to celebrate my birthday. We just stay there on Feb 16 and enjoyed ourselves as usual. We stayed in the Chambourcin Suite and it was wonderful!! The hot tub, fireplace and steam shower were romantic and relaxing. The breakfast was exceptional, the cookies and ice cream in the evening were delicious and the service was outstanding. They think of all the touches, provide everything you want and more! The only negatives we can think of is the Chambourcin bathroom can be a bit cooler in the winter however a small space heater provided can remedy that issue. The other negative is the heavy foot traffic from upstairs in the morning if you stay in Chambourcin room. That bothers my husband and I a little bit in the morning as we are trying to sleep in. Other than that, we always enjoy our stay and planning to return again next year for another birthday celebration:)

1  Thank brenda n
Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This is a beautiful property inside and out. The staff is exceptional. Every amenity you can think of and even those you won't, has been provided. There is "no stone left unturned" with regard to the thought that was put in to ensuring their guests' comfort. Highly recommend the spa service.
We are looking forward to our next stay!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I discovered Hermann Hill when I was searching with a photographer for scenic places to take photographs for my proposal to my now fiance. Terry, the owner, was there and we had a fantastic conversation about ideas for my proposal and gave me a generous offer for a room after my proposal that I am so happy I took.

Herman Hill is a fantastic B&B. It is luxurious, scenic, and provides all the little details with service that makes your stay truly special. You are welcomed with a glass of wine and a cheese and bread platter, and they send you off to sleep with a nice dessert delivered to your room.

I stayed in the Port guest suite. There's a nice fireplace in the room. It has a wonderful view and balcony overlooking the vineyards and all of Hermann. The bathroom is massive with a steam shower and a jacuzzi tub that comfortably fits two. It is truly luxurious.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This time we booked the Vignoles Suite which features an indoor hot tub which was amazing. We were also pleasantly surprised by the hearty warm soups that were available daily in the kitchen for a good snack and warm-up. We also tried the pizza's made by Hermann Hill and they were delicious. I will say, if you are a light sleeper do not book the Vignoles Suite as there is a lot of foot traffic that you hear starting very early in the morning. I was a little disappointed by this, but was able to cope. My husband wasn't bothered by it one bit. We did not have this problem at all when we stayed in the Norton Suite. We will definitely be back and will hopefully give the cottages a try next.

Room Tip: avoid the Vignoles Suite (and possibly all 2nd floor rooms) if you are a light sleeper, 4th floor ro...