We stayed at Hermann Hill once before for an overnight at the cabins. It was a great experience. This time, we tried the inn and it was even better than I expected. I have never wanted to stay at a bed and breakfast but Hermann Hill doesn't really fit that mold. It is upscale lodging and we are by no means wealthy, but there are various affordable pricing options. We just returned from two nights during the week which cost a lot less than a weekend stay. Due to many family illnesses and obligations, and working full time, my husband and I decided to spend our anniversary here, close to home, but far away from reality. The two nights we could spare and afford were well worth the price. I love the history of this place, built by a couple who made their dream come true even though absolutely no one thought they would be successful. Hermann Hill continues to expand and improve. The website is excellent. Everything you might want to know is on the site. I especially liked the video tours.We ended up in Seyval, a premium hot tub room which features a sitting room. What we found was exactly as portrayed in the video tour and we were very glad we stayed there. You can have as much privacy or interaction as you like. We just wanted the privacy to relax and find some peace. Even though the inn was full, we only saw a couple of other guests as we went in and out of the building. It was very quiet for such a busy place . On arrival, we were escorted to our room where everything was explained. I knew from the website that the hot tub and jacuzzi were drained and cleaned before every new guest, and that was stressed during our tour. Our guide showed us how everything worked, and she was not happy with the length of time it took the fireplace to light. We thought it would probably be ok, but as we were unloading our bags, someone was sent to fix it immediately and it was in great working order in a very short time. OK was not good enough, and we were impressed by that. We were asked if we would like a glass of wine, and before long we had a welcome tray brought to our room with fresh bread, cheese, grapes, and our wine. There was a great booklet of directions for the room and info on the town, restaurants, etc. There is a map if you are so inclined to take the three mile path that begins at the Inn. There is a rotating menu to fill out for your breakfast choices...and there are many choices. We chose to have ours brought to our room, but you can also eat in the dining room. Comfortable bed, fireplace, heated towel racks, slippers and warm robes provided. There is a cutting board, knife, wine glasses, wine opener, toiletries and many other extras provided. The hot tub room had a free standing waterfall shower, a large hot tub with numerous jets and lights, a huge sliding glass door to let in the outside air, and a linear fireplace with colored lights for ambience. It is very private and has quite a view. There is an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a glass of wine or your breakfast. I was surprised at the gourmet breakfast. You can even pick a Bloody Mary or Mimosa to start off your morning. Breakfast was delivered piping hot to our room at the time we requested. At night, a discreet knock lets you know ice cream and homemade cookies are outside your door. I am not used to being waited on, but I certainly felt pampered. No matter how many amenities a place has though, it is only as good as the staff. Everyone we met who worked at Hermann Hill seemed to go out of their way to make sure you enjoyed your stay. That first impression means a lot. So now we are back to reality but refreshed and glad we took the time to take care of ourselves. Whether you are newly married, need a break, or have been married many years like us, I think you will find Hermann Hill well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Hermann's premium lodging with two unique properties. Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa offers an upscale bed and breakfast experience including premium hot tub and sauna rooms and an onsite spa. The River Bluff Cottages overlooking the Missouri River include spacious living and kitchen areas, private decks with hot tubs and grills, rain forest steam showers, and two fireplaces in each. Both locations offer breakfast delivery. Massage services are available at either location, although the cottages also have the option of in-room and private deck massage services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hermann Hill Hotel Hermann
- Hermann Hill Vineyard And Inn