TripAdvisor
Hermann
Post
Inbox
Search

“Skyscaper pilsner was excellent”

Tin Mill Steakhouse Restaurant on 1st Street
Ranked #13 of 34 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: German, Contemporary
Description: Tin Mill Steakhouse Restaurant is located in one of the oldest and most recognized landmarks in Hermann, MO. Built in the 1840's as a grain elevator, milling White Pearl Flour until the 1900's. Restored and opened in May of 2014; Tin Mill Steakhouse Restaurant serves the finest quality steaks, seafood & burgers along with local Hermannhof wines, Tin Mill Craft Beers and Dierberg Star Lane wines. With two attached unique venues for all types of celebrations including Celebration Hall and the Double Eagle Private Cellar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our food was very good. Spouse really enjoyed her card and corn chowder. My seafood platter was loaded.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (346)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was terrible and expensive. We both had strip steaks, they were incredibly fatty. The loaded baked potatoes were the only thing edible.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On first visit to this establishment, I thought it had potential. After multiple visits (this time was the 3rd or 4th), it's clear that I was wrong.

The food is just ok (and only sometimes). It is super overpriced for the mix-ups made, time to wait for a table when not all tables are full, time to wait for everything else and then what you are served. Also, no food service at the bar.

I want to love this place, but I just can't. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant and we won't go back.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband had the seafood platter and I had the whiskey chicken dinner. Both were great! I would definitely return and dine here again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On a weekday get away, we stopped by Tin Mill for some lunch. The service was outstanding and the food was the same, outstanding. The Portabella Mushroom appetizer was to die for. I followed up with Parmesan Crusted Chicken Breast and my wife had the Lobster Salad. Both were every thing we expected. While we were enjoying this lunch we indulged in a beer flight which did not disappoint!!

Date of visit: September 2019