TripAdvisor

“Couples Getaway”

Tin Mill Steakhouse Restaurant on 1st Street
Ranked #13 of 34 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: German, Contemporary
Description: Tin Mill Steakhouse Restaurant is located in one of the oldest and most recognized landmarks in Hermann, MO. Built in the 1840's as a grain elevator, milling White Pearl Flour until the 1900's. Restored and opened in May of 2014; Tin Mill Steakhouse Restaurant serves the finest quality steaks, seafood & burgers along with local Hermannhof wines, Tin Mill Craft Beers and Dierberg Star Lane wines. With two attached unique venues for all types of celebrations including Celebration Hall and the Double Eagle Private Cellar.
Reviewed September 3, 2019

We ate here on a Thursday night around 7:00 p.m. and it was as if we had private dining. The restaurant had another couple who were just finishing up and a few couples at the bar, but we had the dining room to ourselves. The seafood platter and the shrimp platter were wonderful. Awesome lobster mac & cheese and the sweet potatoe fries were perfect! Our waitress was very informative and attentive.

Date of visit: August 2019
Write a reviewReviews (345)

Reviewed September 2, 2019

We went for prime rib night. The prime rib was average and the au jus was watery. I thought the food was decent but overpriced. Our server was very nice and responsive. It's set in an old mill and the interior is interesting. It was easy to hold a conversation.

Reviewed August 5, 2019

My wife ordered the steak and I had the lobster mac n cheese. Neither of which were knock your socks off, but good enough for a first meal in the town for the weekend. The steak did not have a good "steakhouse sear" to it like you are used to in steakhouses in larger cities. The mac n cheese didn't taste much like cheese. The selection of wine was good.

Reviewed August 3, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I had dinner here last week while on an anniversary trip to Hermann. We started with the Stuffed Bruschetta appetizer ($10). It was tasty, but smaller than I would have expected for the price. My husband ordered the 12 oz. ribeye with sweet potato fries ($35). His steak was VERY fatty along the edge with almost 3-4 ounces being inedible. I ordered the 12 oz strip steak and baked potato ($32). My steak was flavorful and cooked well. The potato and sweet potato sides, and the house salads were average, but nothing special.

The service was very slow, and they seemed to be understaffed. We waited approximately 30 minutes for a table despite there being numerous tables free. Our server offered the excuse that many of the staff had taken off for a big float trip. We were never offered bread service with our meal although it is listed as included with the entrees. Also, the server did not bring out silverware with the food, but promised she would be right back with it. After she did not return in a timely manner, I walked up to the hostess stand and asked for some.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 28, 2019

We had a great meal here for our last two visits to Hermann. Both times the food was delicious and the service was very good.
The filet is delicious. The only bad is charging $15 for a half a glass of wine. That is a bit ridiculous and similar to prices in the St. Louis area. Other than that, it's very good and we will visit again, I just won't get the wine.

Date of visit: July 2019