“Top-Notch, Classy and Beautiful”

The Inn at Hermannhof
Ranked #3 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just got back from a 2-night stay at the Inn, and were BLOWN AWAY by how wonderful it was.

Having moved from the east coast to the midwest a couple years ago, we were slightly despairing of finding the kinds of getaways which we grew used to, and I have to say that our stay there, an in Hermann, was one of our best ever. The service was "B&B friendly", but 5-star hotel quality. The rooms were updated, classy (not a doilie in sight!), the breakfasts full and the entire stay was filled with so many nice touches. I actually got a chance to chat with one of the owners, and she mentioned that they're seeking to match the service and reputation of the "Inn at Little Washington" ... and I must say, they're well on their way! HIGHLY recommended!

Room Tip: The premium rooms were really great. We might shoot for a cottage on our next stay, but the advantag...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for The Inn at Hermannhof

Reviewed August 6, 2012

It was with great anticipation that my husband and I planned our 34th anniversary getaway. We had never been to Hermann before and thought this would be the perfect place to celebrate. We also decided we would not scrimp and go “first class” with our lodgings. We chose to stay at the Inn at Hermannhoff. Unfortunately, I waited a little too late to make our reservations and was unable to reserve a luxury suite in a cottage. So we settled for a premium room in a cottage, the Joseph Weinert suite.
Upon our arrival at the Inn, we were greeted and escorted to our suite. We also notified the staff of our desire to have breakfast delivered to our suite the next morning. The room was lovely and cozy but a bit daunting. Although the bed was breathtaking, using it was another thing. I am on the short side and getting up into it was an episode from “Lucy”. Definitely a memory I will remember. May I suggest a small wood step stool? I think a shaker style would fit the décor. Also a full length mirror would have been thoughtful too. We so enjoyed the sausage, cheese and crackers and the bottle of wine upon arrival. We thought it such a nice touch. Except, when we returned home, we discovered the tasty and savory snack was a gift and preordered by our daughter and her husband as a gift. A note stating this would be necessary, don’t you think? Also when I made the reservation, I was asked what our taste in wine was, and I said a dry white. Instead, we received a sweet white.
The next morning we looked forward to receiving our breakfast at 9:00 am. and getting an early start on touring the various wineries. By 9:30 am. there still was no breakfast. We called and breakfast was delivered with an apology and a promise of another bottle of wine. I was disappointed to see juice in paper products but yet linen napkins. If you are going to advertise a superior and gourmet breakfast, lose the plastic and paper.
The room was clean and tidy with the exception of a dead wasp on the windowsill of the sitting room the entire time of our stay. I don’t do insect removal and apparently neither does your staff.
On our last morning, we had decided to take breakfast at the Inn and so did not call ahead. But lo and behold here comes breakfast at 9:00 am. Without coffee. Your staff felt it wasn’t necessary since a coffeemaker was in our room. We begged to differ and a fresh pot was delivered. It turned out having breakfast in our cottage turned out to be a good thing, with the storm that blew through the night before, temperatures dropped considerably, and having breakfast on our covered porch delightful.
I am writing this to inform you of your shortcomings when you advertise on your website to expect gracious hospitality (when we checked out we weren’t even asked if we enjoyed our stay), and with the prices charged, I expected attention to detail. We couldn’t help feel your staff was a little on the young side, if this was a summer internship more supervisory instruction is needed. If not, you have a problem on your hands. Having stayed at other upscale inns and hotels, we are very discriminating.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the cottages with a covered porch looking out over the river.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Julia M
TheInnAtHermannhof, Manager at The Inn at Hermannhof, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Julia,

I am sorry that you found your stay less than satisfactory. I apologize for not offering a step stool for your assistance; we do have a few that we offer upon request, and we have ordered more for all rooms that the beds are high. Meanwhile we will make sure to bring this to our guests' attention at check in. We are also sorry that the note from your daughter was not attached to the sausage and cheese platter. I got sick Thursday night and ended up in emergency with pneumonia and couldn't return to work for a while so I was the one to blame for the oversight and didn't relay the message to the other staff.

The full length mirrors were on order for all the rooms, since we wanted them to match our vintage decor, it has taken longer time than we expected. Thank you again for your candor in pointing that out to us.

We regret that your breakfast was delivered late and that we didn’t meet your expectations. We have been staffing an extra person on busy days, however since I was out sick unexpectedly, we were swamped and didn't provide the five star service you deserve. We sincerely apologize and take the full responsibility. We also regret not have asked how your stay was since talking to our guests about their experience staying with us is everyone's favorite part at the Inn. We do try our best to check with everyone about their experience during breakfast and check out time. We appreciate your taking the time to make us aware of the shortcomings you experienced. We are always looking to make improvements and are striving to become truly five star! We are also working to improve the system and the efficiency of how the breakfast is taken to the room as we do have a distance to travel by car without spilling the liquid products. We do hope that you will give us another chance someday!

Warmest Regards,
Krissy Zumsteg

Reviewed August 6, 2012

My daughter recently graduated nursing school and our stay at the Hermannhof Inn was the icing on the cake to her graduation. We had the time of our lives, everything was wonderful, from sitting outside enjoying the view, sipping on our wine to walking in the small vinyard. We stopped in at the Hermannhof Winery and the staff there was wonderful we had a great weekend and a wonderful celebration Thanks to all of you

Room Tip: I had the pleasure of seeing all the rooms and they are all wonderful
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JuanitaRidgway
Reviewed July 23, 2012

John and I thoroughly enjoyed our weekend in the "Brahms" cottage. Three couples visited Herman by boat! We came down the lovely Missouri from Alton, Il. Making the decision to stay in the stone wine cottages above Hermannhoff Winery was definitely the right choice! Chrissy, Matt, all employees were very helpful . Matt even brought us gas for the boat to ensure that we would make it back to Washington, Mo. where we got gas! Thank you for a perfect weekend! Mary Ann Virant

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Our stay for an anniversary getaway was fabulous. The room (Theresa's Garden) was perfect for a one night stay. It was beautifully furnished, clean, had plenty of room, and the complimentary cheese & craker tray and bottle of wine were so appreciated! The cherry on top was the wonderful breakfast. Would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I recently celebrated our 20th anniversary at The Inn at Hermannhof. We stayed in a cottage (the Norton) and were very pleased with our accomodations. The rooms were beautiful and luxurious. The bathroom (with a fireplace, a deep soaking tub and a shower with five shower heads) was heavenly. Our bed was very comfortable and had lots of extra pillows. The breakfast was delicious, fresh, and filling. The staff was very friendly. Because we were able to take advantage of a special offer, our second night's stay was free. I think that for the quality of our room and breakfast, our room price was more than fair. I will watch for more specials in the future and definitely plan on visiting again.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Hermann makes for a nice weekend getaway and the Inn at Hermannhof is the perfect place to stay. The staff is attentive and thoughful. The room (we stayed in a cottage) exceeded our expectations and the breakfast was excellent. The view of downtown Hermann from our balcony (combined with some wine and cheese provided by the inn) made for a great way to end the day. We highly recommend the Hermannhof if you want a relaxing and indulgent stay in Hermann.

Room Tip: The Paradise Room has a great view of Hermann and the Missouri River.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Hermann Crown Suites
#8 of 50 in Hermann
Cobbler Room & Cottage B&B and Massage
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites

Been to The Inn at Hermannhof? Share your experiences!