“Hermann wine and cheese trail”
Review of Hermann Wine Trail

Hermann Wine Trail
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Hermann
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Winding through some of the prettiest scenery in Missouri, the Hermann Wine Trail meanders for some 20 miles along the Missouri River between Hermann and New Haven. Nestled along the trail are seven charming family-owned wineries. The Hermann Wine Trail hosts five annual wine and food events throughout the year; Chocolate Wine Trail in February, Wild Bacon Wine Trail in May, Berries & BarBQ Wine Trail in July, Holiday Fare Wine Trail in November and Say Cheese Wine Trail in December.
Florissant, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hermann wine and cheese trail”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I thought it was a little expensive. At each stop they only gave you a tiny sip of one wine. Most of them had a nice snack, but a couple of them could have been better.

Visited December 2012
Patty H, Manager at Hermann Wine Trail, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us about the Cheese Wine Trail. I have passed your comments along to the member wineries. We hope that you visit us again! Thanks.

Lawrence KS
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wine and Cheese Trail”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed the Wine and Cheese Trail. A lot of differenent variety of wines to sample. Some of the wineries allowed you to sample all of their wines without a fee and then there were a few of them that charged for sampling the wines as well. I know this is fairly standard, but purchasing tickets for the Wine and Cheese Trail and then being asked to pay $ to sample the wines at a couple locations didn't meet my approval. I think if they want to sell their wine, they should allow you to sample it w/out an additional fee. OR charge you the fee and then deduct the fee from you first bottle that you end up buying with them!

All in all, a great experience. Stone Hill Winery was very personable with Sam as the gentleman telling us about the wines. He made the experience very enjoyable and fun!

Best view would be at the Oak Glenn Winery.

We bought bottles at all the wineries on the trail with the exception of Bias Vineyards and Adam Puchta.

Visited December 2012
Patty H, Manager at Hermann Wine Trail, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Say Cheese Wine Trail. I have passed your comments along to the member wineries. Thank you for supporting local wineries, we appreciate it. The small wineries are trying to survive these challenging economic times and many have implemented tasting fees to help cover their costs. More and more wineries across the country are charging for tastings because they are all in the same situation. We hope you visit us again. Thank you.
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Not at all what was expected and won't return to Hermann again (was my third trip including staying at a B&B last time.)”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Guess I should have done more research on this event, as the only wine offered was one type of white wine at each winery (I am a red wine drinker) with a dish made with a cheese. I also found Hermann has become less friendly to do wine tasting in order to control young people going on wine tasting as a way to gey drunk for free. Our event tickets did not give us free access to taste other wines made at each winery, except Stone Hill. Since Sept. every other winery now requires a "cover charge" to sample a limited number of their wines. These event tickets should have also covered any wine tasting held at each winery, especially with it being a recent change made.

I left the area empty handed when I use wine tasting to determine which wines to buy. Hermann needs to take another angle at managing those not responsible, instead of penalizing responsible adults going to wineries for legitimate purchasing reasons. I travelled 90 miles one way in hopes of enjoying this event. I drove back home to a nearby winery to purchase a case of wines I knew I would enjoy, giving the server the tip others could have also earned. The whole trip would have been a bust if it hadn't been fo the good lunch and entire availability of tasting at Stone Hill.

1 Thank Crazycat729
Patty H, Manager at Hermann Wine Trail, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about the Say Cheese Wine Trail. I have passed your comments along to the member wineries. Many small wineries have implemented tasting fees to cover their expenses in these challenging economic times. More and more wineries across the country are doing the same thing in order to survive. We thank you for supporting our local wineries by visiting our wine trail event. We do hope that you visit again. Thanks.
Kansas City, Kansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fifth Year and Still Having a Blast”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I have been to Hermann for the Holiday Wine Trail for the past 5 years to celebrate our birthdays and anniversary, all of which fall in November. Each year, the wineries all showcase a different wine deliciously paired with desserts or entrees. We always find something new and tasty to take home.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank vedwards19
Patty H, Manager at Hermann Wine Trail, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about the Holiday Fare Wine Trail! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience! Please visit us again for our other trail events; Berries & BBQ is coming up July 27 & 28! Thanks again!
Saint Louis, Missouri
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

The Hermann wine trail was an amazing way to spend a Saturday. The trolley provided our ride to and from the wineries dedicated to ensuring we arrived safely to each location. The food pairings were very well thought out and the best experience was Dierbergs. The food was amazing.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank 30somethingfemale
Patty H, Manager at Hermann Wine Trail, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your visit to Holiday Fare Wine Trail! Please visit us again at a trail event; Berries & BBQ Wine Trail is coming up July 27 & 28! Thanks!