“Great place to stay”
Review of Wine Valley Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Wine Valley Inn
Ranked #38 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The location is perfect. You can walk to everything and there is a convenience store and a nightcap type bar (Sharps Corner Tavern) with food right across the street. The rooms are nice and it is ideally set up for a group. There are nice outdoor areas with firepits for people to gather. Then you can meet up again for a delicious breakfast at 9:00. The price is high though.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Wine Valley Inn

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I took a long weekend to Hermann over Labor Day. To be honest, the Wine Valley Inn wasn't our top choice, but we are so glad we found this place. We were greeted by the owner and given a complimentary bottle of wine. We chose a one-bedroom suite with Jacuzzi tub. The suite was quite big with cute decorations, and the room was perfectly clean. Compared to the other lodging options, we felt you get a nice value for the lower price of the Wine Valley Inn.

Breakfast was surprisingly good. It was a served hot breakfast each day with a baked breakfast casserole, freshly-baked bread, fruit, coffee and juice. It was a nice home-style cooked breakfast to kick-start each day.

The location is ideal and within a 5-10 minute walk to dinner spots. The winery trolley stops at the front door to pick you up (whenever you call!). This place certainly has charm and is a great option for budget-friendly travelers without sacrificing comfort. The Wine Valley Inn is at the top of our list for our next trip to wine country.

Room Tip: Choose a suite with Jacuzzi tub on the second floor.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We needed a quick romantic getaway and were lucky enough to get a room here. Charming accomodations, clean and bright. And it was right downtown--across the street from the Visitor's Center.
The suite had a jet tub which, after an evening of wine-tasting and fine dining was perfectly relaxing. We were delighted with the gift bottle of wine and the glasses.
We wished we'd planned ahead and had more time to spend visiting wineries and just walking around Hermann.

This was my first time at a B&B, so I did not know what to expect. One thing I found less than perfect was the breakfast. I wish it had included eggs, not just the raisin bread french toast casserole (which was delicious) and sausage patties (also good). I like more protein for breakfast, but that's just me.

If we go to Hermann again, we will definitely plan in advance and stay at the Wine Valley Inn.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012 via mobile

I would agree with the earlier poster...this is really more of a motel than a b&b. Which is a good thing for me. The location is right downtown and easily within walking distance to most locations...there is also a trolley which will pick you up at the front door. The sweet we stayed in was nice and clean, nothing too special. The staff is friendly and attentive. Food is decent. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The Wine Valley Inn is really a hotel that serves breakfast, while most accommodations in Hermann are B&Bs. You'll have to decide if that works for you.

My wife and I stayed at the Wine Valley Inn for 3 nights in July (high temperature of 106 degrees on our last day!). Most places in Hermann looked like classic B&Bs, but the Wine Valley Inn is minimally decorated, and there are few opportunities to chat with the employees. There are no quilts or doilies or cats to pet.

Personally, I prefer a hotel and am not really a "B&B" person, so I enjoyed the Wine Valley Inn. Our room was a fairly large 2-room suite, and it's right on the main street and close to everything. The breakfast was decent. Employees are not overly friendly, but are professional and competent.

I liked the bottle of wine and 2 glasses that all guests receive.

Some of our fellow guests were expecting more of a classic B&B experience, based on breakfast conversations. If that describes you, you'll probably be happier somewhere else. If you are more accustomed to staying at hotels, the Wine Valley Inn is a good choice for a Hermann stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the main building, so I was not in the adjoining building to the east. We stayed in one...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My brother-in-law gave us a $350 gift card to the Wine Valley Inn for Christmas and we chose to wait and use it during the summer months. We decided to go during Maifest. We checked in Fri, May 18, and they let us check in a couple hours early, which was VERY nice. We were given a complimentary bottle of red wine and a pair of wine glasses. Our room was nice and inviting and I especially loved our canopy bed--very romantic! We opted for the breakfast basket for the morning as we didn't want to get up at 9am, (we have 3 kids and never get to sleep in!) We told the attendant on duty and she said she would bring it up. When we got home that night from dinner we noticed she had forgotten to bring it up so my husband ran down and got it. Minor point, I know, but when we paid $370 for 2 nites, which included a 10% military discount, I expect attention to detail. The next morning when we left for the day, I told Sonya, the manager, that we would like new towels, bed linens and the bed made. When we got back in the evening there were only new towels. The bed had the same sheets on them and the bed was a mess. Again, minor point, but it would've been nice to come back to a clean made bed.

We will be trying out the other B&Bs in the area before settling on a favorite. The Wine Valley Inn was nice, but a few minor points keep me from automatically booking there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I go to Hermann every year during Octoberfest. I've stayed in 4 other bed and breakfasts or hotels and now have stayed 5 years at the Wine Valley Inn. Outstanding service, decor in keeping with the age of the city, near to everything in the city and the most helpful people you can imagine. They treat you like family. Oh! And the breakfasts are really good.
Mike Madden

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Stone Haus B&B
Stone Haus B&B
#13 of 50 in Hermann
Cobbler Room & Cottage B&B and Massage

Been to Wine Valley Inn? Share your experiences!