“Delicious Meal”

Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Today, the renowned Vintage Restaurant is just steps from the main house of the Stone Hill Winery, and provides the perfect meal with the perfect wine. Over the years, the restaurant has catered to thousands of lucky diners, serving contemporary world cuisine, including German specialties, paired with Stone Hill Winery's award-winning wines. That's why it was nominated a "Best German Restaurant in America" by GermanDeli. With its charm and warmth, the Vintage Restaurant provides the perfect setting for post-winery dining, rehearsal dinners, group tours and corporate meetings.
Reviewed May 3, 2010

My spouse & I ate here for the 1st time recently. The atmosphere and setting of the restaurant, which are located next to the winery, is beautiful. The food and service were outstanding. Prices were reasonable too. Being in a town known for their German heritage, we both decided to order German food from the menu and it was delicious. The menu also offered many other non-German selections, which also sounded good. If you visit Hermann, don't miss a chance to eat here.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

Coming from St. Louis (where although there are many people of German descent, but no German restaurants), this place is a real find. The decor is quaint - being in a converted stable - but the food is excellent. It is a cozy, bright place without pretense. I love the schnitzel with the dill sauce best, expecially when paired with Stone Hill wines. Don't forget to try the apple streudel.

My kids even like the food, which says quite a bit. They love trying the different grape juices which are served in wine glasses.

The only drawback is that it's an hour away from "home" which means we can't pop in for a quick meal anytime we get the whim.

Reviewed November 7, 2009

We enjoyed eating lunch at Vintage. It was recommended that we eat there for lunch as opposed to dinner because it's less expensive and there were better places to go for dinner! We went to Cottage and Trappers Grill for dinner and both were better than Vintage. We did however think that Vintage had good and had good German food. I enjoyed the sampler platter. It was good! I would go there because it's at Stone Hill and for the experience. It was good food! Not GREAT but good!

Reviewed October 28, 2009

My girlfriend and I went to Vintage Restaurant after we completed the winery tour at Stone Hill Winery. Initially we were sat at a table and when we requested a booth were told that it was impossible, although there were plenty of open booths in the restaurant. Our server Ira was crass and rude. She ignored our table and when food came would throw it in front of us. After finishing my soft drink a hostess had to come and refill it even though I had asked the Ira for a refill 10 minutes earlier. When our meal came we requested a bread basket which every table in the restaurant was provided except for ours, and although Ira heard this request we never were given bread. As our table and dining experience was being ignored a large group arrived and Ira our waitress was friendly and attentive most likely because of the big ticket they would provide. The table was given several bread baskets even as we waited in vain for ours. Our waitress never returned aside from when she tossed the check on the table. The food was nothing but adequate and the service was the worst I have ever experienced.

1  Thank skingpowdr
Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stopped at the Vintage for a late lunch after touring the wine cellars and the wine tastings. I am glad we did! I think that our lunch was enjoyable because we were there on a Monday. There was no line and the restaurant wasn't crowded and we were not rushed.
I ordered the schnitzle, potato pancakes and German potato salad. It was delicious! My husband enjoyed his rueben sandwich!