“Horrible Experience”

Ranked #5 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Today, the renowned Vintage Restaurant is just steps from the main house of the Stone Hill Winery, and provides the perfect meal with the perfect wine. Over the years, the restaurant has catered to thousands of lucky diners, serving contemporary world cuisine, including German specialties, paired with Stone Hill Winery's award-winning wines. That's why it was nominated a "Best German Restaurant in America" by GermanDeli. With its charm and warmth, the Vintage Restaurant provides the perfect setting for post-winery dining, rehearsal dinners, group tours and corporate meetings.
Reviewed October 28, 2009

My girlfriend and I went to Vintage Restaurant after we completed the winery tour at Stone Hill Winery. Initially we were sat at a table and when we requested a booth were told that it was impossible, although there were plenty of open booths in the restaurant. Our server Ira was crass and rude. She ignored our table and when food came would throw it in front of us. After finishing my soft drink a hostess had to come and refill it even though I had asked the Ira for a refill 10 minutes earlier. When our meal came we requested a bread basket which every table in the restaurant was provided except for ours, and although Ira heard this request we never were given bread. As our table and dining experience was being ignored a large group arrived and Ira our waitress was friendly and attentive most likely because of the big ticket they would provide. The table was given several bread baskets even as we waited in vain for ours. Our waitress never returned aside from when she tossed the check on the table. The food was nothing but adequate and the service was the worst I have ever experienced.

2  Thank skingpowdr

Reviewed September 24, 2009

We stopped at the Vintage for a late lunch after touring the wine cellars and the wine tastings. I am glad we did! I think that our lunch was enjoyable because we were there on a Monday. There was no line and the restaurant wasn't crowded and we were not rushed.
I ordered the schnitzle, potato pancakes and German potato salad. It was delicious! My husband enjoyed his rueben sandwich!

Reviewed August 25, 2009

My husband and I went to the Vintage Restaurant for our anniversary last weekend. We were not let down one bit. The food was delicious--we went for the entrees instead of the German food. The stuffed mushroom appetizer was amazing. More than anything, we were impressed with the friendly and attentive staff. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good meal in Hermann.

Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I went to Vintage for our anniversary dinner. We had low expectations, which proved to be justified. The decor, although being unique, was a bit too dark and gloomy. The menu was limited and not-so-descriptive. For instance when i ordered "cheese and crackers." i had expected to get a cheese plate with a variety, not one kind cheese spread. Though, their sausages were really good. the rest of the food was OK, with decent Schnitzel and not much else to mention. The dessert tray lacked the options mentioned on the menu (i.e., Black Forest Cake).

Vintage was listed as open till 8:30, but we felt rushed to eat and get out from the minute we walked in around 7:30. It was a little dissapointing as we were really hoping to indulge/enjoy our anniversary dinner.

Reviewed February 21, 2009

We had an enjoyable meal at the Vintage restaurant after spending most of the day doing the chocolate wine trail. The decor was average, and we were seated at a small table in the corner that had this odd wood panel slanted above us. The light behind the wood panel was so bright that I saw spots for most of my meal!

The food was good though. I had the German sampler platter and discovered I am not a huge fan of German food. I did enjoy the liverwurst appetizer. My husband ordered the filet mignon, and it was delicious.

The prices were very reasonable. It was right around $50 for two, and that was with an appetizer and dessert.

I would definitely choose to eat here again if in Hermann!

Been to Vintage Restaurant? Share your experiences!