“Great visit!”

Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Today, the renowned Vintage Restaurant is just steps from the main house of the Stone Hill Winery, and provides the perfect meal with the perfect wine. Over the years, the restaurant has catered to thousands of lucky diners, serving contemporary world cuisine, including German specialties, paired with Stone Hill Winery's award-winning wines. That's why it was nominated a "Best German Restaurant in America" by GermanDeli. With its charm and warmth, the Vintage Restaurant provides the perfect setting for post-winery dining, rehearsal dinners, group tours and corporate meetings.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

First time visit to Stone Hill Winery and Vintage Restaurant. We enjoyed the tour. Very interesting and informative. The wine cellars are impressive. Our food was outstanding. It's rare to find a restaurant that puts as much effort into preparation of their house salad. My Bavarian sampler was great as was my wife's summer salad, meatballs and potato cakes combination. Very personable and attentive wait staff. Thank you Vintage Restaurant for a wonderful dining experience.

Jill T, General Manager at Vintage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. We are very excited about our summer seasonal menu and that you tried the Summer Strawberry Salad and enjoyed it soo much. Thank you again for visiting us and hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We were in the Vintage Restaurant on Monday, June 3. I had the German sampler and everything on it was hot, tender, perfectly cooked and delicious. The Jager sauce on the meats was especially good as was the red cabbage. My husband had grilled salmon and he said it was delicious. We chose to have the summer salad instead of the house salad and it was especially good. Our only complaint would be that the server said we could have the summer salad instead of the regular salad and mentioned nothing about an added cost. When we got the bill, we were charged $3@ for the change in salad. We didn't say anything since we had enjoyed the salad but we think the servers should be instructed to tell you about this. I had the flight of white wine and really enjoyed the sampling of wines. We always eat here when in Hermann for dinner and will continue to do so.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. I apologize that the server did not inform you of the upcharge as they are trained to do so, I will reiterate this with them. We are happy to see that you enjoyed one of our wine flights as they are a new addition to our menu this year, it gives guests a chance to taste and compare a few of our wines. Thank you again for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We wanted German food on a Monday in Hermann. We were immediately seated which was great. I selected an wine, I had just tasted in their tasting room...perfect. Read the menu and had four choices for German food...selected the pork. Wide variety of other items. My husband ordered a stuffed chicken item. We were relaxed after enduring heavy rain in the area. The bus service was over the top, my husband never had his water glass go down more that half. Perfect! Reminded me of the old days when we would eat at Houston's in Kansas City. Then our meal arrived. My pork resembled a fried fritter that you could get at Sonic. My husband's chicken was warm on both ends but not in the center, which meant it was reheated...because it was fully cooked at one time. I do have high expectations for Stone Hill, they are not new to the business. This was one meal, and I am sure it will be fixed by the time the 2013 crowds arrive. Wiling to give a second chance, due to the amazing bus service, great job on the water.

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor. Based on your review I can only assume that you ordered the pork schnitzel (tenderized pork, breaded and fried) and that your husband had the stuffed pork loin as we do not carry a stuffed chicken entree. All food is made to order here at Vintage, the pork loin is seared and then stuffed and finished in the oven, I'm not sure how it could be cold in the middle. I understand that your experience with regards to our food was less than stellar. I encourage you to please contact me should you wish to visit us again, as we would love to have you again.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Stop in here every year and the food is very good and the prices are very reasonable! The Spaetzel. is excellent and can't go wrong with the sampler.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

When my daughter and I got our "sampler platter", there was a very tiny sausage in the middle of cabbages and very little of anything. We started with a Small bite of the sausage, which left less than half, it was very cold in the middle. We alerted the server, he took the tiny piece of sausage and came back with the same piece, having been tossed back on the grill again! We had eaten off it! I'm sure I'm not the only one to have returned food for being cold, so the restaurant's protocol is to toss the "eaten from" food back on the grill, etc! YUK! I have had to send breakfast sausage back for the same reason before, that restaurant brought a fresh sausage out! When we were going out the door we saw a group of five women going in, we let them know of the experience, they chose to go downtown for lunch instead. We have 4 more trips planned to Hermann, two with groups of 8 or more, we will be back to Stonehill for the tour and tasting, but not to this restaurant.

1  Thank zezula
Jill T, General Manager at Vintage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We regret that you had a less than stellar experience. The German Sampler is our most popular dish as it gives the diner a sample of all of our German specialties. We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. You are correct that this is not acceptable, it is not standard practice, and the situation which you encountered will be addressed. When you are in Hermann again please feel free to contact me should you wish to try us again.
Jill Tobben