“Valentine's Dinner”

Ranked #4 of 30 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Today, the renowned Vintage Restaurant is just steps from the main house of the Stone Hill Winery, and provides the perfect meal with the perfect wine. Over the years, the restaurant has catered to thousands of lucky diners, serving contemporary world cuisine, including German specialties, paired with Stone Hill Winery's award-winning wines. That's why it was nominated a "Best German Restaurant in America" by GermanDeli. With its charm and warmth, the Vintage Restaurant provides the perfect setting for post-winery dining, rehearsal dinners, group tours and corporate meetings.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Hermann is an old German town, and here is the place to try German foods. I had the sampler platter and tried a little of everything. Next time I would get the schnitzel as it was very good. My husband had prime rib and it was pretty average...nothing outstanding. Salads were good, very fresh and the house dressing was delicious as was the French Onion soup. Service was excellent.

There are newer reviews for Vintage Restaurant

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We went to the vintage restaurant at Stone Hill Winery because everyone we talked to said it was the best restaurant in town. The food was average and WAY overpriced. Eat somewhere else.

1  Thank ChrisK6884
Jill T, General Manager at Vintage Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review Vintage Restaurant. I'm sorry that your experience in October was less than stellar. We strive to deliver the best service, best German food and affordable pricing here in Hermann, this time we obviously fell short. I will definitely share your concerns with the staff so that we can improve. We definitely would like you to visit again, please contact me should you wish to dine with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

A staple of nice dining in Hermann, MO. The food is consistently good with lots of German specialties. The service is always fantastic. I haven't ever been wowed by one of their desserts - some of them taste store bought frankly. But everything else is delicious and we always eat here when we're in town.

1  Thank Bucklebear
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We did enjoy the sampler platter. My husband had lived in Germany years ago and said it was pretty authentic. The other menu items were about average. The service was fine, but nothing special.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've eaten at the Vintage restaurant several times and I've never been overly impressed. I've had several German dishes and a steak. They were all average to good. The service is also generally good. I recently visited for lunch due to a lack of other choices. My wife and I were both looking for a good salad as we had over eaten the day before. We were very surprised to get a good salad with a grilled chicken breast on top. The lettuce was fresh and didn't taste like it was out of a bag. It's not the best I've ever had but it was very good.

Been to Vintage Restaurant? Share your experiences!