“Fabulous Hermann Mo B&B with awesome meals.”
Review of Alpenhorn Gasthaus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Alpenhorn Gasthaus
Ranked #5 of 51 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 14, 2009

This was my first stay in this wonderful Hermann area B&B and I have already booked for 2010. For the last 8-9 years I have led a group to Hermann for the Oktoberfest there and in Augusta. This year we had 4 couples, so we had the entire B&B as a group. We did the Chocolate and Wine Cellar event on Friday evening and it was fantastic. We all did their Dinner at 8ish on Saturday night and it was outstanding as well. Great hosts in Kate and Adrian, friendly pets and animals on the grounds, nice quite setting and wonderful rooms.

Curtis & Liz - Prairie Village, KS

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2009

I have been at many B&B's over the years. Usually a bit too cute for my tastes but my wife likes that stuff. Food is usually passable and hosts congenial. I expected that for our first stay at the Alpenhorn. That is not what I found. This place made my guy side really comfortable. We found an old but amazingly well cared for brick, two-story home from the early 1800’s. Wood floors you could easily drool on if not careful. A great gathering room where amongst friends in our party, we listened to old Beatles records, played Yatzee, and talked within an atmosphere that is by no means overly cute and stifling. The gathering room has a large picture of a very old Swiss town that is the proprietor’s hometown. Adrian treated us to historical insights of an old bridge showing in the painting burning down.

Had the chocolate and port dessert experience in the very large wine cellar under the house. Also treated ourselves to an evening dinner catered at the Alpenhorn by Adrian and Kate. Highly recommend both.

Adrian and Kate, the owners, were attentive, cordial, never in the way or bothersome. I thoroughly enjoined talking to and listening to conversations when they were around. They have an amazing knowledge of Hermann history as well as contemporary subjects relating to the area. They are living source books as well as fantastic cooks and wine connoisseurs.

We left so sorry the weekend was over, missing the total quietness of the setting, the evening in the hot tub, the walks around the extensive and well-manicured surrounding grounds, watching the chickens and sheep (from afar) and just generally soaking in a world right out of the 1830's.

We made reservations for next year before we departed to return to KC, KS. While in Hermann in the future, we will never stay anywhere else from now on.
Go, enjoy and sock away a ton of memories of a gentler, quieter, more serene lifestyle. Perhaps we will meet you there. October for Oktoberfest is our thing…

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2009

Located on the edge of town, therefore quiet and relaxing. A beautiful setting...wine cellar, patio area and hot tub all adding up to a very unique and restful experience. Great breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 13, 2009

Just got back from an amazing weekend at Alpenhorn. What a great place! I've never stayed at a B&B so I was a little unsure of whether or not I'd like it. From the moment we arrived, we felt right at home. Kate and Adrian are the best! It's clear how much thought and detail they've put into everything from the decor of the quaint little cottage we stayed in, to the delicious breakfasts! It was so nice to visit the area wineries and then relax under the stars in the hot tub. We went here to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and this place just completely exceeded our expectations. There's a reason this place is rated #1! We will definitely be returning!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We spend two absolutely wonderful days and nights at the Alpenhorn. The innkeepers, Adrian and Kate, couldn't have been more gracious. Plus, the gourmet breakfasts were "to die for." It was a perfect way to celebrate our birthdays!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2009

In August my husband was gone for a week on business and my daughter was visiting grandparents, which left me alone. What's a girl to do? How about pack a bag and head for the best B&B in Hermann? I stayed the night at Alpenhorn, renting "Das Kline Haus" (The Little House). What a wonderful experience! Since I had eaten a substantial lunch before arriving, I snacked on cheese and crackers for dinner at the picnic table by the chickens. One of the cats came to keep me company (and mooch small pieces of cheese from me). The hot tub is a must; relaxing under the stars is amazing! I took advantage of the common room and watched a movie, sampled the cookies, and also the tea. The bed was very comfortable; I found that when I opened both windows in the Little House I had a wonderful crossbreeze. After a good night's rest I was treated to an enjoyable (and very pretty!) breakfast., and then I was on my way. My stay was everything I had hoped it would be....I'll definitely remember this B&B for future visits to Hermann!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed July 23, 2009

The wonderful hosts picked me up at the tourist center in Hermann because I could not bike another inch. After recuperating in the hot tub, they also drove us into town for a meal, and picked us up afterward. Nothing could have been better. The morning's breakfast was scrumptious, too. We plan to go back with friends.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple