“Wonderful B&B in Hermann”
Review of Alpenhorn Gasthaus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Alpenhorn Gasthaus
Ranked #6 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Alpenhorn Gasthaus and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the King Room which was very nice. We also enjoyed a delicious dinner at the B&B. We opted for the wine pairings with the dinner and were not disappointed in anything. We would recommend the Alpenhorn to anyone staying in Hermann.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2014

My only complaint about honeymooning here is that we didn't have more time. From the cozy, clean, tasteful cottage (Das Landhaus), to the scrumptious breakfasts (each with a smoothie, something savory, something sweet, and piping hot coffee), to the warm, friendly service, to the peaceful, pastoral setting, we loved every bit of our stay and look forward to going back!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah D
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We ate a four course dinner at the Alpenhorn Gasthaus and it was fantastic! Every course was eloquently presented and tasted great! The owner and his wife(chef) were very personable and made the dinner an even better experience. Highly recommend this dinner. Didn't select a couple ratings because we didn't stay at the inn- just had dinner there!

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We recently had the opportunity to visit Alpenhorn Gasthaus again. As we turned into the driveway my husband said "Home Sweet Home". We ventured out to a couple of the wineries but mostly spent our time on the grounds and enjoyed the animals, the scenery, the hot tub, the wine cellar and the company. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and the hint of spring is definitely in the air. Of course the breaksfasts are matched by none and we got to enjoy the Tuesday Savory supper...this weeks selection was lasagne and it was absolutely delicious, accompanied by the house salad (not your usual house salad) and some focaccia puffs. I tell ya, it was so good, I can still taste it. We stayed in the Landhaus and it is so cozy and spectacular. The decor is just delightful We also got to stay an extra night! What a treat...didn't want to leave. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are quaint and cozy. All of your needs are answered and you couldn't pick a ba...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My husband and I stayed for the first time at Alpenhorn Gasthaus for our anniversary. We went during the week for some quiet time together, rekindling our relationship (a rarity these days) and sharing good memories. The peace and quiet of the B&B was wonderful! Adrian and Kate were helpful in many, many ways, Their experience running a successful B&B was evident in that all of our requests were met, from special breakfast to feeding the chickens! We have made good friends and will definitely be back to stay at Alpenhorn Gasthaus again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

If I didn't have dust allergies I wouldn't have even noticed. The place was so delightful and peaceful we truly did not want to go home. We even stayed an extra night. Our room was one of the stand alone outer buildings and without a television we were able to spend much more quality time together. The breakfasts were perfect and unique. We had dishes that were not only superb but interesting. I let them know I was diabetic and they went out of their way to accommodation me. Our host were very warm and considerate. On weekends they offer a multi course meal. We stayed during the week and had the place to our own. The hot tub was awesome despite the sharp cold weather. I would recommend to anyone but especially to any couple wanting to get away from it all together.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed in the Landhaus in October. This could be the best room at Alpenhorn; we liked it. The living room is cozy and comfortable (we played games at night), breakfast is quite good, and the owner (Adrian) was very friendly and helpful. My only ding against this place is its location, close to Route 100. This is a fairly busy route, not a country road, and the road noise detracts from what would otherwise be a very peaceful setting. However, the road noise was not an issue inside the main house or Landhaus. Overall, this is a solid choice for a B&B in Hermann. I've also been over to Hermann Hill (where my wife booked a massage). It's located in a seemingly quiet neighborhood, with a forest trail behind the Vineyard and Inn. Of course, prices there are substantially higher than at Alpenhorn. I recommend Alpenhorn, although there appears to be other choices around town, as well, depending on what you're looking for and how much you want to spend.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Muki00
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Stone Haus B&B
Stone Haus B&B
#13 of 50 in Hermann
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites

Been to Alpenhorn Gasthaus? Share your experiences!