All reviews wine cellar course dinner port tasting das landhaus hot tub the main house my husband and i kings room queen suite the bread pudding sheep grazing katy trail french toast another couple wonderful experience attention to detail this past weekend
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at Alpenhorn Gasthaus. We stayed in the Landhaus, which was a very comfortable cottage. The staff was very accomadating to our needs and questions. The breakfast was outstanding, we started with a fresh fruit smoothie then had a great fresh bread pudding with nuts and cranberries. Then the main dish was a farm fresh egg frittata with bacon and cheese, it was great. I recommend Alpenhorn Gasthaus to anyone looking for a nice relaxing stay in Hermann.

Date of stay: August 2013
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kyle M
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We loved our weekend stay at Alpenhorn Gasthaus! Everything was wonderful: Kate and Adrian were friendly and welcoming, the gourmet breakfasts were delicious, the grounds were beautiful, our room (Das Kleine Haus) was cozy. We enjoyed our private time at the hot tub each night, and the robes and chocolates in the room were a nice extra touch. I don't have anything negative I could possibly say about this place.

1  Thank SLP333
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Here's what you need to know. The town of Hermann is tiny. This place is about a mile out of town. It took us about 30 sec.to get there. I felt like we were driving up to a magazine cover. Gorgeous!! Sign up for your PRIVATE hot tub time when you get there.(Hour slots)There's nothing like sitting in the hot tub, drinking wine at sunset with the one you love. We also enjoyed a homemade cookie & a game of checkers in the sitting room. We walked around the property and saw the chickens & petted the sheep. We sat under the giant walnut tree in the chairs. No TV, no phones, just quiet peace!! We stayed in the kings rooms with a lovely firm king bed. Lots of space. Nice, well done bathroom. Huge windows overlooking the vineyard. The next morning we sat in rocking chairs on the front porch drinking coffee, waiting for the delicious breakfast service. What great service and amazingly friendly, courteous staff.

1  Thank Love2plant
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here to celebrate our 5th anniversary and could not have been happier with our choice. We stayed for three nights. Adrian and Kate were wonderful hosts and made us feel right at home. We stayed in the Das Land Haus. We really enjoyed the privacy and proximity to the hot tub. The room was clean and comfortable and perfect for quiet relaxation.
The food was outstanding! While the breakfast each morning was delicious, the ultimate French toast stole the show! We also opted for some of their specialty packages: the Port and Chocolate tasting, the picnic lunch and the 4 course dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed each of these experiences and will do them again on our next visit. We can not recommend the Alpenhorn enough and look forward to our next visit!!!

Room tip: If you're looking for privacy and romance, choose the Das Land Haus. You are separated from the main house and right next to the hot tub.
1  Thank timten
Reviewed July 8, 2013

This was my third trip to Alpenhorn Gasthaus over a decade. The grounds and housing are lovely and simple. They are comfortable and the hosts re wonderful. The food is extraordinary. This is THE place to get away from it all and relax. I felt truly rejuvenated when I left. I will return again. I stayed in the Kings' Room in the main house, but would recommend any room on the premises.

Room tip: There are steps into the main house, steps to the rooms on the second floor and steps to get to Das Kleine Haus and Das Land Haus. You can rest if you are going to the Haus'. There is a beautiful patio!
1  Thank Dawn K