“Disappointment” 2 of 5 bubbles

Add it.
Simon's on The Waterfront
Cuisines: American, German, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband and I took our kids to Hermann to have dinner, We live almost an hour away, But we wanted to give the kids a new experience.

I found Simons on the waterfront here on google.

We will never go back there again. I am aggrevated that we spent $67.00 there. We could have went someone where way better in town.

First we walked in and there was not one person in there to seat us. The waitress walks out and I was shocked by her appearance..I will get to that..she said "just seat your selves".

We sat down, Then she came over to give us our menus and take our drink order..she was leaning down and instantly my husband and I could smell alcohol all over her, she was drunk! We just tried to ignore it. We had our two kids with us that were hungry and crabby because they were hungry..so we couldn't just pick up and leave.

This waitress was very very inappropriate looking..that's a very nice way of putting it.

We could hear her in the goofing off with the male cooks in the back..we could hear profanity..and yelling..I was really mad at this point.

Our food finally arrived and my burger was missing every topping that was supposed to come on it..grilled peppers/onions and their "house" chipotle sauce. I had to tell her that my toppings were missing and my husband had to remind her that a salad came with his dinner..and all she could say was "oops sorry we are slacking tonight" What!?!

I actually would love my money back but that won't happen.

The food was..very average..VERY average. And very poor quality.

The cook came out from the back and I wished I would not have ate the food..he looked disgusting..and he looked like he was fresh out of prison.

I asked if they had dessert and all they had was " bread pudding" not everyone likes bread pudding.

I am not trying to be overly judgemental but everything sucked and the "help" was just horrible in so many ways..

For that amount of money we should have had a lot better service and way better quality food. My husband asked for A1 sauce and the waitress said "we don't have that but we have something very close" A knock off!! Again for the price...there should have been A1 sauce.

Maybe the owner needs to think about getting new employees and BETTER FOOD!

Everything about that place was a freakin joke..

The decorations were nice..but that's it.. Nothing else.

I am disgusted!

I should have done way better research...

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Missouri
“Excellent Shrimp”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I went with a friend in October for winery-hopping and ate at Simon's. My friend had been there before, but I had not. Sadly, I did not order German food, because the next table over did and it looked amazing, but my food was really quite good. My friend ordered the charbroiled shrimp, which was hands down the best I've ever had. Service was quite good and friendly. All in all, a very good experience.

• Visited October 2012
Lake Lotawana, Missouri
“Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Some nice traditional food....usually alot of entertainment and locals are happy to give you the low down

Visited October 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wouldn't return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

A group of us were in town for Oktoberfest - it was cold and rainy on Friday night so we just chose Simon's becuase of the menu they have posted outside the venue and we were ready to get in someplace. Once we got in, we felt they did a "bait and switch," because the menu wasn't the same as the one posted. The service was VERY slow and the food was not great. You had to ask the server for a refill or another beverage, and she only took the request and walked away; never once asking if anyone else at the table (who's drinks were also empty) needed something. For the food being frozen and of poor quality, the bill of $40 for 2 people was not justifiable. Would definitely never go back here.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
“Group Outing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We visited Simon's on the Waterfront with a group of 40 from St. Louis on September 30 via Amtrack. The restaurant had the tables all ready for us and the waitress's were very friendly and fast with taking our orders. The food was served promptly and it was hot and very tasty. In fact, there wasn't one complaint from the group! I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2012