“Limited menu, good service”

Black Walnut Bistro
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We had a group of 7, and though the restaurant was not at all busy, the hostess needed to check with the chef to make sure they could accommodate us. Despite the rocky start, the server was great and the food was fine. Nothing too exciting, but it was reasonably priced.

There are newer reviews for Black Walnut Bistro

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Place was empty when we got there but filled up. Our first time there and liked the decor the staff and food. Awesome pasta. Father in law had the pork chop and it lived up to the waiters review. Very nice. Try the fried queen olives stuffed with blue cheese. Wow.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Fried olives and Zucchini appetizers - excellent! The pasta is worth the price. Husband called the spaghetti the best he ever had. I thought the Mac and cheese was so good it needs a new fancy name! Creamy, not overwhelming or underwhelming. And the service was outstanding. This is a gem of a restaurant.

1  Thank kseggert
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place was really tasty. It was unexpected in the dtown of Hermann. I had scallops which I was skeptical about but they were delicious! Homemade mac n cheese for a shared appetizer, and my friends had the shepard's pie. The waiter was very friendly and accomodating (Happy Birthday, hope you had a great time at Six Flags!), and I have to give him a huge thumbs up for 2 reasons: 1) He was so nice and didn't complain even a little bit that we asked for separate checks, and he even split the cost of the champagne we were drinking between the three of us - no waiter has ever done anything that thoughtful before; and 2) he ran out of the restaurant after me because I had left my hotel key in the restaurant. I would have gotten back to my room and turned right around, so it saved me a trip. Thank you Black Walnut Bistro for your delicious food and awesome service!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The spaghetti was AWESOME! Homemade pasta and the sauce was the best I've ever had. HIGHLY recommended. We will go back.