“Cozy!”
Review of Cat Nap Inn

Cat Nap Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hermann
Cat Nap Inn
Ranked #35 of 50 Hermann B&B and Inns
Mexico, Missouri
“Cozy!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I have had the privledge of staying at the Cat Nap twice. We absolutely love it. Very clean and beautifully decorated. It's like home away from home. We will definitely be long time customers!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Thornton, IL
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have stayed at Cat Nap Inn on more than one occasion. My job is very stressful so when the opportunity comes I quickly pack my things and am off to my favorite B&B in Hermann,Mo. From the moment you enter you are taken back to the Victorian era. The decor is absolutely beautiful. Always spotless and I am quite a clean freak. Even though I travel alone Cat Nap can sleep 6 friends or family. Having the whole house to yourself means you have the privacy to enjoy your retreat your way. Love sitting in hot tub with a good glass of Hermann wine and enjoy the beautiful garden. I forget about the diet and enjoy the home made authentic German coffee cake and fruit provided every morning . Awwwwww!!! My Secret Get Away to Cap Nap Inn. Can't wait to come again and would recommend to all my family and friends.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Nancy W
Pontiac, IL
Reviewed January 30, 2013

What a great place! We went with friends for a relaxing weekend and we had such a great time. CNI is located only a few blocks from all the action but is far enough away that you aren't in the middle of the noise. The rooms were very cute with nice homey touches, the back deck with the hot tub is a real plus and the facilities with kitchen goods, washer, dryer, etc. were much appreciated! We also like that we had the place all to ourselves and could come and go without disturbing anyone. And what a cool town! A brewery, winery, entertainment, German restaurant, shops all within walking distance. We WILL be back, you can be sure!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were very comfy. The two upstairs share a bathroom and the one downstairs has the bat...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jane D
Midwest
Reviewed November 21, 2012

We were looking for a private place to accommodate six friends for our annual weekend away. We chose the Cat Nap Inn based on reviews and the fact that it was a private house (we get a little loud drinking wine in our pjs and playing games well into the wee hours). This house fit the bill perfectly.

We enjoyed the private (and VERY clean) hot tub on Saturday morning before a day of winery touring. The bedding was comfortable and towels ample. Our host mentioned that we were not supposed to do any laundry (there is a washer/dryer in the house) because we were on vacation. There were still plenty of towels to use a fresh one each morning and after the hot tub for all six ladies.

The only two recommendations I have:

If you are an avid coffee drinker, bring your own. While coffee and a coffee maker are provided, the coffee provided was not good.

Also, the floors were quite dusty/somewhat dirty ~ bring slippers or socks and know that they will get dingy. This could have been because it is an older house, since other housekeeping details were well taken care of (bedding was immaculate, shower sparkled, kitchen very clean). My slippersox were filthy by the end of the weekend (I keep my feet covered in all hotels anyway).

Room Tip: You rent the whole three bedroom house! Great for close friends who do no mind sharing queen sized b...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Blue Springs, Missouri
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had a bachelorette party staying here and it was perfect for us! Lots of room and space for everyone. A little pricey if for a few people! Very cute decor and I loved the hot tub! Trolley will come pick u up and take u to the wineries. Nice to be able to do your own thing without proprieters hovering over u! You've got to cook your own breakfast though!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank courtluvs2travel
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed two nights at the Cat Nap Inn this week for a brief child-free getaway. The Cat Nap Inn was perfect and was a short walk from the train station. The whole house rental (using 1 bedroom) offered us peace and quiet at a very comparable price that a shared B&B would have, the ability to prepare our own food, and a beautiful backyard with a hottub. The home is an older home but was well take care of and is decorated with antiques and cats. The window A/C units kept the house quite comfortable. The owners were very hospitable and went out of their way to be accommodating. We plan to return!

• Stayed July 2012