“Quiet and Clean”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Hermann
Kirksville, Missouri
“Quiet and Clean”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed on august 6th at Hermann motel. Motel staff is friendly and helping. Room was very clean and quiet.I already am planning to come here at this motel with all my friends for at least
2 - 3 nights.Location is best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank joni s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were sitting outside of our room and some more people joined us.We had chat for hours,In coversation with them we were surprised to know that so many people come and stay at this motel for years.rooms are so clean no wonder people like to come and stay at same place every time they come to town.we had great fun and successful weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank james m
burlington, NJ
Reviewed August 26, 2012

thank you again for your wonderful hospitality. Rooms were nice and clean. Loved your new beds! I have been staying at Hermann Motel for last 3 years and will come again next year with my entire family. I recommend this place anyone looking for extra clean rooms! Price may seems higher but better than paying $200+ for bed and breakfast!

Room Tip: nothing fancy....just nice clean rooms!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank chiku76
Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed August 24, 2012

we've been staying at the hermann motel from last couple months.and its been really good homey experience.front desk staff is very good.rooms are really clean and location of the motel is very convenient and very peaceful.i've read all this other reviews on this site and think i should post this review cuz on Aug 3rd weekend i've seen some people making scene and trying to get refund for there personal reasons.some of my other friends stayed last months for over 2 weeks.all of us never had any complain at all.
we think its best and clean MOTEL in hermann.
good experience with good people.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 104jen
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is beyond belief! The outside was run-down, paint was peeling from the walls, and there WERE BUGS in THREE out of four beds in two rooms on the upper level. When we approached the front desk, the man exclaimed that they were "taught in motel school about bed bugs" and that what he was seeing the bed was not a "bed bug." I'm sorry, but if there are BUGS in a BED, then I'm not sleeping in it! The same small, slim, black bug was in all three of the beds. Pay the extra money to stay in a bed and breakfast! STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Stltraveler101

Travelers are raving about these Hermann hotels

Jefferson City, Missouri
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked three rooms for a place to stay for a bachelorette party and the beds had bugs in them, all over them actually!! After we pulled back the covers and saw them on the sheets we also found some in-between the mattress and the box springs. Their customer service was awful, you would think if a guest finds bugs in the bed they would be apologizing, but oh no they told us they were not really "bed bugs" and would refund us for one room. Well as you can see this made me very mad so we felt the need to inform the other guests staying there about the bugs in the bed and needless to say we were not the only guests staying there that night that left. I will be very mad if the nasty little bugs managed to get into our luggage and come home with us and then we will have to pay for an exterminator to come and get rid of them. At least we were able to make the most of our party and have a good time after that, but it definitely made that part of the night sucky, and the fact that we all had to go home because there was nowhere else to stay that night was not a highlight either. And the place was in general just run down and nasty with mildew smells and gross bathroom. If you pay $105 for a room, and keep in mind we had three so that was over $300, you would expect it to be in a lot better shape and no matter what you pay for a room I would expect it the beds to be free of BUGS!!! There is no way I would ever even think about staying at this place again. And unless you like sleeping with bugs and having that sensation where it feels like they are crawling on you days later I suggest you find another place to stay!

Room Tip: Do not pick any room at the Hermann Motel!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank papointer
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is the first time i have ever posted a review of a hotel (or anything) on line, but I feel the need to warn others about this place

I reserved three rooms so we would have a place to stay after an afternoon of wine testing and a night on the town celebrating my daughter's upcoming wedding with a group of her friends, a friend of mine, and my sister. I was a little shocked at the old, run down, and dirty condition of the rooms for the price ($105 per room), but I was totally appalled when one of my daughter's friends pulled down the covers and found bugs in the bed between the sheets. We ended up finding bugs in three out of sux beds Luckily this was early in the evening and we weren't all ready to crawl into bed.

When we told the owner we would be leaving and asked them to reverse the charges on my credit card they refused. They inspected the rooms and said they saw bugs in only one bed and that they were not "bed bugs" but the would "do us a favor and only charge us for two rooms.

One of the girls started telling other guests about the bugs and the owners called the police on us and basically ordered off of the premises. We weren't going to stay there anyway, but have a problem with them not giving me a full refund. Now I am having to dispute the charge on the credit card!

We ended up all having to drive home, some as far away as St Louis, so of course this put a big damper on the festivities.

THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST LODGING EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD!! AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank JanetPointer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hermann
Cedar Creek
Hermann Hill Vineyard Inn & Spa and River Bluff Cottages
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites
Harbor Haus Inn & Suites
#10 of 50 in Hermann

Been to Hermann Motel? Share your experiences!