“Sharp Corner is the model of small town cafes”

Sharp's Corner Tavern
Ranked #21 of 31 Restaurants in Hermann
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Leave your attitude at the door, and enjoy the archetypal "greasy spoon" cafe and tavern in lovely Hermann, Mo. There is no pretense here. This is the opposite of the white linen bistro. Sharp Corner is where the local farmers enjoy breakfast, the local workers enjoy lunch, and everyone enjoys pizza and burgers. Back to lunch, this is still a place where you can get a good blue plate special lunch for under $5.00! No one knows how they even make money. Favorites are an excellent Patty Melt, and easily the best pizza in Hermann (St. Louis style/thin crust). The tile floor gets dusty from all the workers all day. There are cobwebs in corners on the ceiling. And if you want to find imperfections, you will. But why? (The kitchen is clean and visible to the public.) Just go and enjoy a great meal in a rustic (sometimes noisy, sometimes rowdy) rural setting -- and enjoy how much food, drink and fun can be had for so little money. Also, it's the kitchen that's usually the last to close in town. Open every day but Sunday.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a small, locally owned bar in town. While I wouldn't recommend it for a nightly hangout, I can't say enough about their burgers. Perhaps it's because they don't clean the grill daily but who cares? Order a burger and fries and a cold one and your in for a lunchtime treat.

1  Thank Rdrinabr
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is absolutely the dirtiest bar in Hermann. Dust everywhere cobwebs in the windows. The floor looks like its been there since the building was built. Ladies restroom the PITS!!! Go across the street to BP gas station. All in all just stay away. I live 15 min. away trust me I know!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This was one of the "restaurants" recommended to me for breakfast. It was a very plain bar, not the kind of place you would expect breakfast. When I showed up the next morning at 6:15 AM, there were already a few locals there for breakfast. There was a grand total of 1 person working, so I thought it would be awhile before I got served. Wrong...I was served rather quickly, and my breakfast was a typical combo plate (eggs, hashbrowns, toast, bacon) for $4.25. Can't beat that. There was a reason why there were locals there.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We pulled in because it was late and not much else was open. It took forever for anyone to wait on us because there seems to be a usual crowd who were all in a corner by the bar laughing and talking. When the waitress finally came over, she acting like we were interrupting her. We ordered a couple of burgers which were nothing special, McDonalds are about the same. Then we couldn't find anyone to pay so we could get out of there, again they were all bunched up at the bar in a corner.
Every where else we went in Hermann, we were met the friendliest of people, but if you want to keep that impression, don't bother with this place.